Link: The dumbest-sounding excuse ever for poking someone in the eyes wiith two fingers...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Richt didn't even seem to be disturbed by his answer. I'd hate to see what would happen to one of Saban's players who tried that stupid excuse on him...

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Stupidly, with the whole world watching. That's what I meant when I said that it was one thing done underneath the pile, but poking a guy in the eyes in the open with the TV cameras rolling? What kind of dumb is that?
At least Spikes had the common decency to try it when he thought it wouldn't be seen. Well, thought being the operative word.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I like the way he admits guilt in his own denial - lol

He first claims he was simply 'pointing,' then immediately assures everyone that it 'will never happen again.' What, he'll never 'point' again?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Seriously?
they were doing a bunch of punkish shoving and sniping against Ga Southern during the first half when i was watching. That game was very close in the first half and georgia southern was gashing them for yards and every time UGA would get up yapping. iirc, without a late turnover by GS in the redone that was returned for a td, the game would have been tied or GS ahead going into the half.

the team's consistent punk behavior is one of the many reasons i dislike richt and UGA football so much.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I like the way he admits guilt in his own denial - lol

He first claims he was simply 'pointing,' then immediately assures everyone that it 'will never happen again.' What, he'll never 'point' again?
Exactly. I didn't do it, you misunderstand, but I'm sorry and you won't see me doing that again, it's not who I am. He sounds like my 11 year old daughter.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Richt didn't even seem to be disturbed by his answer. I'd hate to see what would happen to one of Saban's players who tried that stupid excuse on him...
Either Gary or Verne said they asked Richt about his team being one of the most penalized teams - especially with the 15 yarders. Richt said he was OK with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Either Gary or Verne said they asked Richt about his team being one of the most penalized teams - especially with the 15 yarders. Richt said he was OK with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeldon scores a td on the play they are saying that. Finishing a drive that had 30 yards of penalties against uga.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
I remember when UGA were all up in arms when the UF player eye gouged an UGA player. Called for his suspension, and if I am not mistaken, got the UF player suspended. Why not the same punishment?

bonehouse81

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2006
Clarksville, TN
Exactly. I didn't do it, you misunderstand, but I'm sorry and you won't see me doing that again, it's not who I am. He sounds like my 11 year old daughter.
1. Clearly gouges Milliner in front of the world
2. Clearly takes a dive after being shoved
3. Completely embarrasses himself with ludicrous, dishonest explanation

I think it's pretty clear that is "who he is" is on the football field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.