Have Bama players value been inflated in these past few drafts? Good and Bad.

crmsntd91

1st Team
Sep 30, 2010
He wasn't beat out, just stuck behind Ngata. Ngata is a future HOFer, Cody is just stuck behind a great DT, its that simple. When Ngata goes out, Cody comes in and does what is asked of him with efficiency.

I believe someone beat him out and he's a specialty player now.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
I think Kareem Jackson has really stepped it up this year. He caught some flack early on with the Texans and rightly so. But he has shown quite a bit of improvement this season. Cornerback is one of the hardest positions in all of football to play and especially in the NFL so I think it just took him some time and work to get it. This season he has 34 tackles and 4 INTs so far. Every game I've watched the Texans play he has looked solid. I believe Dre will be able to turn the corner, but he will need more time, experience and just needs to stay healthy to get that.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
it all depends on their NFL draft status...
if they project as 1st rounders in the NFLdraft, you'll see exactly the same number of juniors leaving...

and, if they're first rounders, they would be smart to go...
their risk of injury outweights any potential increase in their draft status if they project in the 1st round...

just simple economics at work..
That is not the subject . You must have glanced at the title and the bold type? It's a good thread!

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I think Kareem Jackson has really stepped it up this year. He caught some flack early on with the Texans and rightly so. But he has shown quite a bit of improvement this season. Cornerback is one of the hardest positions in all of football to play and especially in the NFL so I think it just took him some time and work to get it. This season he has 34 tackles and 4 INTs so far. Every game I've watched the Texans play he has looked solid. I believe Dre will be able to turn the corner, but he will need more time, experience and just needs to stay healthy to get that.
Kareem Jackson is playing pretty well for the texans...he started slow, but hes becoming a pretty solid CB for them this season.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Kareem Jackson is playing pretty well for the texans...he started slow, but hes becoming a pretty solid CB for them this season.
Yeah, and he was not expected to be drafted early initially.

My main theme was that I believe a few of the players might have been better off in the long run coming back, but synergy and good coaching resulted in hype that may have over valued players.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
My main theme was that I believe a few of the players might have been better off in the long run coming back, but synergy and good coaching resulted in hype that may have over valued players. This is great with seniors, but the underclassman exits makes a tremendous challenge to our coaches too. Out of all of our 1st and 2nd rounders, only a few are making serious impact. I agree with the comment that this may be common with the SEC too. I predict that our players will be more heavily scrutinized and starters at certain position will have a more difficult time leaving early. But this is just my opinion. Hopefully just as many players will get drafted, but maybe not plucked early if they might not be ready.
I hear you, bit I think that the draft is about the potential they display..
Im not sure that it will affect their draft status as much as you are thinking..

they're coming from a program where they were well coached in a system thats a pro system...
grading out a pro prospect is an art, not a science, and what other program is better at preparing them for success than Saban at Bama?...

even if a few arent performing as expected, its still the best bet to pick one who had the system and coaching to make them succeessful...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I hear you, bit I think that the draft is about the potential they display..
Im not sure that it will affect their draft status as much as you are thinking..

they're coming from a program where they were well coached in a system thats a pro system...
grading out a pro prospect is an art, not a science, and what other program is better at preparing them for success than Sabanat Bama?...
Well if a pattern develops that 1st and 2nd rounders do not meet expectations of immediate impact from any team, nature will take it's course. It's pretty simple.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i dont think so. most of the guys that left early are playing well in the league. those that arent are just a bad fit with the team they are on. Ingram with the Saints is the WORST place for a RB to play. you may get 1 carry then sit on the bench the entire drive. hard to get into a rhythm as an offensive line or RB when you are switching like that. Cody gets plenty of playing time on the Ravens defense. he's at times in with Ngata on the dline. Kirkpatrick IIRC is coming off an injury that sidelined him for most of the season so far. he's probably played in 2 or 3 games and was injured i think his last game. Dareus, Julio, Donta, Mark Barron, Carpenter, Upshaw, Arenas etc.. I honestly cant think of anyone who is not doing well that was drafted high.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
i dont think so. most of the guys that left early are playing well in the league. those that arent are just a bad fit with the team they are on. Ingram with the Saints is the WORST place for a RB to play. you may get 1 carry then sit on the bench the entire drive. hard to get into a rhythm as an offensive line or RB when you are switching like that. Cody gets plenty of playing time on the Ravens defense. he's at times in with Ngata on the dline. Kirkpatrick IIRC is coming off an injury that sidelined him for most of the season so far. he's probably played in 2 or 3 games and was injured i think his last game. Dareus, Julio, Donta, Mark Barron, Carpenter, Upshaw, Arenas etc.. I honestly cant think of anyone who is not doing well that was drafted high.
That could be very valid. Rare players can probably overcome it, like Trent. Most 1st rounders will be effected.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Alabama gets the five stars and these are kids who grow up and develop early. A lot of kids just aren't developed by their junior ur of high school and will end up being small school NFL suprises. Alabama kids will continue to leave early and get that money. Too much talent for this not to happen.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
You got me. Yes Upshaw is playing in special packages with the Ravens. I do keep up, just get the teams wrong sometimes :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.