Lou Holtz on Nick Saban. Thoughts? (Video)

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
This must of been on Gameday Final. I missed this and didn't see anything on the site about it. What exactly is Granny trying to say here?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
I do get what he is saying, but just cuz his mental makeup was that way does not mean Coach Saban's is. I do think that the routine Coach Saban has developed allows him to deal with this better than Domers or Bevos.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I was going to watch, but I decided to stare in the pine trees in my yard instead. Pretty sure I gained more insight into sports, college football, Coach Saban, the Crimson Tide, and life itself than I would've watching Lou.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What Reece says bothers me more than crazy Lou. Is it "more fun to build it than maintain it?" CNS has been a builder...let's hope he doesn't tire of maintaining it now.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Oh, goodness gracious, did he not see the joy of last week's victory in Saban's post-game interview? We lose one game against a well prepared, highly motivated team with a great athlete at QB a week after an ultra emotional win over a huge rival, and CNS should retire? Give me a break. I won't be one bit surprised if we mow through the rest of our games and get a couple of breaks and wind up in the BCSNC game again... and win.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
He's just wishing (like most of the college football world) that Saban would just go ahead and retire. Lou, listen to me, "not gonna happen"... (in my best Dana Carvey does George Bush impression)

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
why does grandpa Lou continued to get a pass on his extreme bias on ND???????????
its totally unprofessional and very embarrassing. :mad2:
I agree. Lou Holtz needs to retire. His brain has gone to mush. The only reason he WANTS Saban to retire is because he knows ND doesn't have a shot at a NC as long as Saban is around. I think Saban enjoys coaching. Just because he doesn't jump up and down all the time doesn't mean he doesn't enjoy it. How many times did the Bear jump up and get excited?
I just think Saban enjoys the process more than the outcome. His true happiness comes from making a difference in those kids lives. When winning means more than building young men, you need to retire...Lou!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I like Holtz, but believe he was incorrect. The joy on Saban's face when you guys won in January was clear, and in stark contrast to the look on his face when you won it all just two years before. I think Saban is enjoying what he has built, but gets frustrated when his players forget what made them good in the middle of a season.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
What Reece says bothers me more than crazy Lou. Is it "more fun to build it than maintain it?" CNS has been a builder...let's hope he doesn't tire of maintaining it now.
CNS said that himself not too long ago. That doesnt mean he's considering retirement. You can watch the man talk about the game and see how much he loves being part of it. If anything, maintaining a level of excellence is the only challenge he has left. He's "built it" - twice.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.