Does anyone know why were wore white last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and BTW - for the casual fan - this could absolutely be confusing if you don't know the actual rule. What color did LSU wear last year?

They wore white because Georgia agreed to let them wear white.
Technically right, but the white uniform is still considered their home uniform. They only wear the purple when the other team foolishly refuses to let them wear white at home.

Tides_of_Change

1st Team
Sep 27, 2012
Eli Gold thought the White shirts with the crimson numerals would go well with the crimson helmets with the white numerals and white trim.
I didn't get to tune in for much of the pre-game. Did they have two equidistant crimson stripes running vertically down the exterior siding of the pants as well? I can't remember. :cool2:

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I didn't get to tune in for much of the pre-game. Did they have two equidistant crimson stripes running vertically down the exterior siding of the pants as well? I can't remember. :cool2:
Eli did go into that in addition to the shoe lace tips but I can't remember now either.. :cool::BigA:

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Oh, and BTW - for the casual fan - this could absolutely be confusing if you don't know the actual rule. What color did LSU wear last year?

They wore white because Georgia agreed to let them wear white.
That's incorrect, the SEC allows the home team to decide what jersey color they wear. I believe this was specifically put in the books several years ago due to LSU.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
That's incorrect, the SEC allows the home team to decide what jersey color they wear. I believe this was specifically put in the books several years ago due to LSU.
Didn't LSU have to get permission from the opposition for an extended period, seems like I remember a refusal one time? I suppose they finally just changed the rule, according to what you're saying. It makes sense that the home team should be able to decide.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Didn't LSU have to get permission for an extended period, seems like I remember a refusal one time? I suppose they finally just changed the rule, according to what you're saying. It makes sense that the home team should be able to decide.
I got it from this article on lsusports.net from back in 2009...

In 1982, the NCAA changed its jersey rule, requiring teams to wear dark colored jerseys for home games. The Tigers wore purple jerseys for all home games from 1983 to 1994. When Gerry DiNardo became head coach in 1995, he vowed to change the NCAA jersey rule. After petitioning the rules committee of the American Football Coaches Association, he personally met with each member of the NCAA Football Rules Committee. DiNardo’s efforts were successful and the Tigers were allowed to wear white jerseys again beginning in 1995. A stipulation of the new rule was that the visiting team would have to give the home team permission to wear the white jerseys. The first team to deny LSU’s request was DiNardo’s former team, Vanderbilt.

Instead of going back to purple jerseys, the Tigers took to the field in new gold jerseys. The SEC later adopted a league rule stipulating that the home team has sole discretion in determining its jersey color. Nick Saban became LSU’s head coach in 2000 and continued the white jersey tradition, but with a twist. Saban decided that LSU would wear purple jerseys for all non-SEC games, except the home opener, a trend that current LSU coach Les Miles has continued.”

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I got it from this article on lsusports.net from back in 2009...
Just what I remembered, that they have to ask. But everyone has opted to do it. Anyone that refuses calls and tells them. Vanderbilt tried to get a little payback lol.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
They don't have to ask anymore according to that article...
A stipulation of the new rule was that the visiting team would have to give the home team permission to wear the white jerseys.
This is what I am referring to. Not asking the NCAA but the opposing team. Unless I am reading it wrong. They wear white jersey's because the visiting teams don;t have a problem with it. Before there was a rule prohibiting it. If I am reading it wrong, it's been a long 24 hours :)

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
This is what I am referring to. Not asking the NCAA but the opposing team. Unless I am reading it wrong. They wear white jersey's because the visiting teams don;t have a problem with it. Before there was a rule prohibiting it. If I am reading it wrong, it's been a long 24 hours :)

You were missing this part of the article :)

The SEC later adopted a league rule stipulating that the home team has sole discretion in determining its jersey color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.