2013 OL Austin Golson Updates (FSU Commit)

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
If Ole Siss lands some of the high profile guys that are strongly considering them this may their best class ever. They are obviou$ly $parring no expen$e$.
Why does signing a good class mean they're cheating (BTW - I think you meant sparing, not fighting or sparring)? Freeze is a great recruiter and is turning the corner. They're thin and can offer playing time, lots of TV appearances and a decent education. And you know Freeze is telling every kid he talks with "if you come to play for me, you'll be the piece we need to beat those guys in Tuscaloosa and head to the BCS Championship..." Not to mention... if you've EVER been to Oxford you know the female talent level is second to none... the women there are absolutely amazing. And this comes from a guy who married a Bama girl that could have more than held her own in Oxford... but damn.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Oh and please do tell me where Freeze or anyone else on that staff has been proven as a "great" recruiter, not including this season?

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Why does signing a good class mean they're cheating (BTW - I think you meant sparing, not fighting or sparring)? Freeze is a great recruiter and is turning the corner. They're thin and can offer playing time, lots of TV appearances and a decent education. And you know Freeze is telling every kid he talks with "if you come to play for me, you'll be the piece we need to beat those guys in Tuscaloosa and head to the BCS Championship..." Not to mention... if you've EVER been to Oxford you know the female talent level is second to none... the women there are absolutely amazing. And this comes from a guy who married a Bama girl that could have more than held her own in Oxford... but damn.

When did Freeze become Saban or Urban ????
please spare me the coed aspect, every school has their share of beautiful women.
have you seen the young women that populate San Jose State University? You would think you were walking around the United Nations. Last time I checked, SJSU wasn't even in the top 50 in recruiting.

Ole miss is recruiting at the level of Bama, LSU, UF, UGa . 7-6 is not that impressive brother.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
The thing that kills me is the media has bought into their momentum, I've heard multiple people say ole miss is coming off a great season. They went 7-6 and won the bham bowl, yes that exceeded expectations but that's still not even a good year by their standards. I can understand them having a boost since they showed improvement and competitiveness but the amount of recruits they are hauling in far exceeds what it should be.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
The thing that kills me is the media has bought into their momentum, I've heard multiple people say ole miss is coming off a great season. They went 7-6 and won the bham bowl, yes that exceeded expectations but that's still not even a good year by their standards. I can understand them having a boost since they showed improvement and competitiveness but the amount of recruits they are hauling in far exceeds what it should be.
yep luginbill said that about ole miss.. talked about their great season and i had to check to see if they ended in the country top 5 or not? nope 7 and 6.. that isn't a great season. that is an improvement, but an improvement over being crap.

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
Solid kid, but IMHO I think he would be Tyler Love II. We have good talent on campus with more on the way this year and next. Having seen him play, I agree with with one recruiting services assessment in areas of improvement, drive blocking and strength/power need work...lots.

Roll Tide

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I tried telling people he was a Bama lean, but I guess it was (at the time) just he wanted out of FSU. He wasn't happy with his status here on his OV (which I'm actually glad about), and now turns to the highest bidder. Watch our for a visit to the Barn too...while Ole Miss is the favorite, they might still be in play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.