Players Forgoing Senior Year to Go Pro

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Re: Per ESPN- Tennessee's Bray among others leaving for draft.

I understand the offensive players going pro, but I'm surprised Sentimore is leaving. Is he projected as an early rounder or is this just to get out of school? Kids should leave if they are projected first, second, or third round because the money is very good there, but I feel bad for the kids that make unwise decisions like the Oregon QB a year or two ago that didn't even get drafted.
...or Jevan Snead

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If you take out our 350 -- their average drops to about 165 YPG
and if you take away their one loss to south carolina, they would've come into the SECCG undefeated. ;)

without our game, its 169ypg. what would you think about bama's d coaching if we were giving up 169 ypg rushing with that much first round talent and with the schedule they had this past year?

their rushing d just for home games (which included all of their scrubs [i know, one of them was ga southern]) gave up 184 per game. away/neutral (which included us) was 179 ypg.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Has any timeline been set for when our Juniors are going to make their announcements? I had originally heard that Lacy would decide today but have not seen any mention of it since. I think Milliner and Lacy are over 90% sure to enter the NFL draft but I'm got my fingers crossed that Fluker will decide to stay. If he comes back we'd have CK-?-Kelly-Steen-Fluker on the O-line. That's 60% of this years starters plus everyone has said Kelly was the 6th best guy. So really we'd only have to find a new LG to step in.....That would be a HUGE plus towards 3-peating.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Chase Goodbread is reporting Fluker confirmed he's leaving early. http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1458059
The article said a press conference could be called as early as Thurday to announce who all is going. I think there is little doubt Milliner is gone since he is #1 CB on most draft boards and Lacy should go pro since I think he probably go into the 1st round with his play in the last two games (2nd at worst).

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
so we will likely see the NC hopes of one returning senior QB dashed when UGA and Clemson meet in september next year.
And the other one dashed in either the SEC title game or the BCS Championship game. :biggrin2: ;)

Although that game is early enough where the loser could still play their way in if they lose that one. At least if it is Georgia. Clemson might have a harder time playing they're way back with an ACC schedule...though they do have FSU and USC.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
And the LSU mass exodus continues..

OT Chris Faulk has announced that he will forego his senior season and make himself eligible for the NFL Draft.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
That's 10 underclassmen now... plus they are losing 16 seniors (not all were contributors, but that's still a significant total)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Anyone starting to think we're coming out the best in the West on attrition now? TAMU, LSU, and Arkansas all have significant attrition. Auburn has their forever young team coming back. Ole Miss seems pretty young too.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Anyone starting to think we're coming out the best in the West on attrition now? TAMU, LSU, and Arkansas all have significant attrition. Auburn has their forever young team coming back. Ole Miss seems pretty young too.
In a couple of weeks, when most of the attrition shakes out, this will be a great off-season topic. I'm already eying a few of the teams - TAMU, Arky, and OM - to see which direction they trend and by how much. LSU will trend down, at least for next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.