Majority of the fans at Title game will be for Notre Dame

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Quite a few more ND fans where I am staying. I expect 2 to 1 toward ND at the game.

Won't matter....Bama still wins.

uafootball92

1st Team
Sep 21, 2005
St. Charles, Missouri
We are accustomed to outnumbering rival fans wherever we play, being known as one of, if not the best, traveling fan bases in the country. We outnumbered the Texas fans in '09, in Dallas. I don't think anyone has suggested they don't have the money to travel. As far as selling out Dublin, gimme a break... :D
Yah I'm sure the NFL fans just travel so well to the games in England also...

BoroBama

1st Team
Jun 12, 2008
They weren't at the stadium store today to see the Bama fan in front of us pay $1,100 for t-shirts.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Having known and worked with many men from Indiana, I can honestly say they have no reason to look down on us.
This is true. Indiana mfg.just as many mobile homes as Alabama. Therefore they dont need to talk about trailer trash down here. People in glass houses......

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is true. Indiana mfg.just as many mobile homes as Alabama. Therefore they dont need to talk about trailer trash down here. People in glass houses......
Problem with that is that the majority of Notre Dame fans, or probably student body, isn't from Indiana. In fact, fewer than one half of our student body is from Alabama...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
That's not even close to the kind of change being exchanged by Tide faithful. I've seen some serious transactions that I didn't think were possible...

And one of the biggest things is the consistent merchandise sales. Yeah, I am sure the ND merchandise is flying off the shelves...now. But, Alabama fans are consistent in supporting the team, even through the "non championship" years.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
I didn't see the attendance figures but just looking at the crowd the Pasadena game was close to 50/50 between Texas and Bama fans. I flew Southwest out of Nashville and at least half the plane was Pasadena bound even though we had a layover in Vegas. I was one of two Bama fans on a plane full of Longhorn fans. The girl who sat next to me was the sister of Texas' third string QB.

You can't tell before you get to the game who will have the most fans. I suspect Bama will have plenty in attendance to cheer the team on.
When did you fly out? That was the same flight plan we had except storms or something in Dallas forced us to fly Nashville to New York to LA. Just curious if y'all left the day before and missed that issue?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Problem with that is that the majority of Notre Dame fans, or probably student body, isn't from Indiana. In fact, fewer than one half of our student body is from Alabama...
Astute observation. I've repeated in regards to this matter several times across the Internet. I'm a rare breed as it goes these days: I actually grew up about an hour from campus.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
I don't have a clue about what the split in the stadium will be but I suspect that there are significantly more ND fans here than us Bama fans. They travel very well and there is a lot of pent up demand for them. That being said it doesn't really matter. Anyone who questions the loyalty and breadth of our fan base would have to be a moron.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
When did you fly out? That was the same flight plan we had except storms or something in Dallas forced us to fly Nashville to New York to LA. Just curious if y'all left the day before and missed that issue?
The game was on Thursday and I flew to LA on Wednesday. IIRC, that game was also on January 7.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I don't have a clue about what the split in the stadium will be but I suspect that there are significantly more ND fans here than us Bama fans. They travel very well and there is a lot of pent up demand for them
There are a lot of ND fans in central & southern Florida so it is an easy trip for them just to drive down and take part in the pregame events. After Chicago, central & south Florida is possibly their 2nd biggest cluster of fans.

Fortunately, most of the ND fans you've seen don't actually have tickets to the game and they didn't travel very far. Alabama fans are too far away to justify making the trip without game tickets.

Last edited:

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
LSU fans were convinced it would be 70-30 in The Superdome too. It was "their city" and they had the "connections". Well it was 50-50 at best for them inside the stadium. Most of the folks I know that are going are not staying near the stadium, or even in Miami/Miami Gardens. Alabama fans will be there to represent. Even with three title appearances in four years, Alabama fans will show up in force.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Subthread: Do ND fans cheer like SEC fans do? My friend who saw a big game in South Bend said he was shocked how many of the fans just sat in their seats looking entitled. I'm not suggesting no one cheers, just wondering if the contrast he described is real.

Even if so, I realize those may not be the same fans that attend this game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.