WR / DB Nate Andrews Updates ('Bama Offers)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Alabama extended an offer earlier this morning to WR Nate Andrews out of Fairhope. FWIW, his high school coach claims it to be a full offer and not a greyshirt.

Andrews committed to Minnesota about three weeks back, and picked up an offer from Butch Jones after he got to Knoxville. Had a very strong showing at the Alabama v. Mississippi All-Star Game.

'Bama should get him provided we want him, though he could be considered a back-up plan to Foster. Either way, he's definitely not going to Minnesota.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: WR Nate Andrews Updates ('Bama Offers)

So hard to say for certain with these WR / DB types -- and for the record, Andrews has talked in the past about wanting to play WR in college -- but with Massington looking like the back-up plan for Robert Foster, you kind of have to think that Andrews is being envisioned more as the fall-back option for guys like Bell and Ramsey.

I'm sure more information will emerge in the days ahead, but for the time being I presume we are recruiting him as a combo player with a staff preference to have him placed in the defensive backfield.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005

Mobile radio this morning said: #1, that Nate is still firm to Minnesota, and that #2, Bama was looking at him as a db.

rtr

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Why are we apparently striking out on stud WR's this yr? Yea, you're not going to get 80 touches a yr, but you could get 50+ and play in an NFL offense. I think we have a lot to offer in terms of this position. Just look at Amari Cooper.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

35 it may have to do with #2 in the post above yours, if we were recruiting him at db.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

Why are we apparently striking out on stud WR's this yr? Yea, you're not going to get 80 touches a yr, but you could get 50+ and play in an NFL offense. I think we have a lot to offer in terms of this position. Just look at Amari Cooper.
We do have a lot of young talent coming back next year at WR - Cooper, Black, C. Jones (2), White, Shinn, Woodson. (Did I leave anybody out?) That doesn't include veterans like Norwood, Bell. So if we do miss out on any good ones, we'll have another shot at some elite talent next year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Somewhat of an update. Link

Nate Andrews update

Fairhope coach Adam Winegarden has been out of town for most of the Christmas break and said he hadn't spoken with all-state athlete Nate Andrews.

The 6-foot-1, 205-pound Andrews received a scholarship offer from Alabama following the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Classic in Montgomery earlier this month.
Andrews told al.com later that week that he remained committed to Minnesota despite Alabama's offer but would likely visit Tuscaloosa before National Signing Day in February.

"I haven't talked to him, but I don't think anything has changed," Winegarden said. "He's committed to Minnesota. He really likes the staff there. However, I'm pretty sure he is going to visit Alabama and Florida State at least next month. I'll definitely talk to him when school resumes this week and see what he is thinking."

Andrews is currently playing on the Fairhope basketball team.

The Press-Register All-Region first-team pick ran for 13 touchdowns, caught five and threw for three during the Pirates' 8-4 season.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

I am very familiar with this athlete and see him as being one of the best players in the state this past year. I think he could be an absolute beast as a safety at the next level. Andrews has exceptional ball skills, great speed, and plays really hard. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up wearing Crimson when it is all said and done.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.