Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

We live in a world with public 'I-Spy Cameras'. Wonder if they are on video either there or in the vicinity? Photo capability similar to an ATM maybe.
Not sure about the campus, but DT has em. Some of these are not good, but some of the newer digital cameras have pretty good ability.

It should be a slam dunk case even W/O photos.
Is that how they were caught so quickly?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Four Bama football players arrested...

Sorry if this has been discussed - but I thought I would post in this thread rather than create a new one. I have been buried on a trip this week. I boarded today on the way home from Phoenix and a Bama fan sitting in front of me mentioned some twitter postings (not good ones) from current players. Has anyone heard this has or is it just a rumor? I won't mention the names or what they allegedly tweeted so as not to fuel any rumor. If it is out there I am sure someone has seen it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There were some unfortunate tweets, basically supporting their friends, before the facts started to come out. I haven't checked, but I've been told that has died off...

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

There were some unfortunate tweets, basically supporting their friends, before the facts started to come out. I haven't checked, but I've been told that has died off...
Yep. It's interesting that some of the early tweets from current players were supportive of their friends, but former players recognized the wasted opportunity right away. Hopefully the current players learn that it's best to take a few hours to mull over a tweet/post before publishing it.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Four Bama football players arrested...

Thanks Earle - I am sure that will earn them a private discussion behind the remote control door. I am glad they were early before the facts started to surface. This twitter thing is just not smart in the hands of 18-22 year olds who have the whole sports world as an audience. I guess there is not much that can be done, or maybe I am just an old fart who believes the saying "best to keep quiet and be thought a fool than too open your mouth and leave no doubt"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It is our policy not to discuss discipline. However, sometimes matters are so obvious that there is a need for it. It's obvious that Dallas4 has been suspended when he didn't drop his attack after being advised by staff to do so. I've never understood his point nor Snoopy's, either one. Of course Saban's accountable. I'd be willing to bet he hasn't had a decent night's sleep since learning of the first incident with Williams. This word "accountable" keeps being thrown around by people I was certain were Bama fans, echoing language I'm reading over and over on Auburn sites. What is it? Is he supposed to utter some personal public mea culpa or apologize to the victims as if he'd committed the crimes? Dragged before a inquisitional committee of some sort? We have one of the lowest incidence of this type of offense in college football - not one major incident since 2008. What do these people want? If you demand "accountability," don't refer me to the dictionary; tell me exactly what Saban should do at this point in time. I don't think I've seen such muddy thinking a long, long time...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

These guys were due some hardware, I wonder what happens to that? Assuming its already been ordered.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

1. Do any of you have any doubt the University & CNS will do the right thing?

2. Name me one thing CNS could/should have done to prevent this !

3. Stuff like I have read here would cause a coach to leave, do you want him to leave?

4. If you think what happened with these 4 men is anything like UT, API, or FL then you don't follow Alabama football.

5. Either trust the coach & Adminstration or call for their removal, stop dancing around it. Where do you stand?
1. No.

2. He's not God, so, I just can't think of anything. If the NCAA would have revoked the Saban Rule, it could have assisted in determining character issues/if any.

3. Not just "NO" but, ______ NO! I just hope Mrs. Terry isn't reading this thread. If you are this is one person who supports you and believes that Coach will do the right thing.

4. I'm with you on that one. I hope these 4 players completely know how they have adversely affected the good name of Alabama and Coach Saban. I guess kids do stupid things and I have never understood why. You are disappointing yourself, your family, the entire Alabama family of students, faculty, administrators, alumni, and fans all over the world. Those are the results of four players stupid actions.

5. I stand with the University, Mal Moore, and most of all Coach Nick Saban! I know they will do the RIGHT thing so I will sleep like a baby tonight!

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Good question - don't know if that is "earned & due" regardless of the circumstances or if it is considered an allowable gift from the university. If it is the second I would guess that they may never see it..

Denisevi4

3rd Team
Aug 9, 2006
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

I don't know whether this was discussed. But each of them was released on a 60K bond... Where do the get these kind of money?

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Is that how they were caught so quickly?
not sure if the victims knew who they were. I think the UAPD keyed in on them when they traced the ACT card usage

In my opinion, if Williams and Calloway hadn't used the ACT card, they may have never been caught. Basing this opinion on the fact that BOTH victims didn't remember anything about the attack accept that the attackers were big black guys. With it being dark I doubt they saw much and with the memory loss they both said they had, a positive ID would have been difficult.

It's scary to think that if they hadn't gotten hungry they may have gotten away with it--at least for awhile. Eventually, their luck would probably have run out.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

I don't know whether this was discussed. But each of them was released on a 60K bond... Where do the get these kind of money?
Probably used a bail bondsman. Would wind up costing each about $600 or so.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

Good question - don't know if that is "earned & due" regardless of the circumstances or if it is considered an allowable gift from the university. If it is the second I would guess that they may never see it..

They are also losing on that little trip to the White House to meet with the President. Quite an honor for any team! They blew that and possibly those BCSNC rings as well as being treated like royalty by Bama fans, staff, et al at games, A Day, etc. Add to that the good food provided to those athletes in the program. They blew it Big Time! I just wonder what they are thinking about today???????

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Probably used a bail bondsman. Would wind up costing each about $600 or so.
The premium is normally 10%, so nominally $6K or so. However, those amounts are uniformly negotiated down for larger bonds. Also, the families or friends can put up property as collateral, so a huge cash outlay is not necessarily going to be required...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

I bet it would be amusing to see a list of some of the things that have been offered as collateral to a bondsman.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

The premium is normally 10%, so nominally $6K or so. However, those amounts are uniformly negotiated down for larger bonds. Also, the families or friends can put up property as collateral, so a huge cash outlay is not necessarily going to be required...
Thanks, I knew about the 10%, but I left out a zero in my post.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I am just very sorry that these young men thought so little of themselves, the University, their football team and coaches. They obviously didn't think or didn't care about the impact of their actions on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.