Game Thread: South Carolina vs. Clemson

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Yep - flipping back and forth between this and Ole Miss-Tate

Dunno how I will keep up with all three when the Domers come on. :(

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
USCe just went up by 10 with a little over four minutes left. Clemson didn't expect this.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I was at game, clemson D is not good. In 2nd half USC was playing its backup qb, it's 3rd string freshman rb, and it's starting bball PG at WR and was beating clemson. USC started playing big-boy SEC football and you could tell clemson wasn't used to getting hit like that. The ACC is a really bad football conference right now.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Once again Clemson can't win the big one...backup qb on the road with no Lattimore and Clemson still can't get it done. Typical Clemson. Congrats to a South Carolina. Two BCS teams from the ACC would have been a joke.

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
I was at game, clemson D is not good. In 2nd half USC was playing its backup qb, it's 3rd string freshman rb, and it's starting bball PG at WR and was beating clemson. USC started playing big-boy SEC football and you could tell clemson wasn't used to getting hit like that. The ACC is a really bad football conference right now.
I was there too and agree with what you said. I also felt the atmosphere was just dead too. This is the biggest game of their season and it was almost quiet in the stadium at times --even though it was still close.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
I was there too and agree with what you said. I also felt the atmosphere was just dead too. This is the biggest game of their season and it was almost quiet in the stadium at times --even though it was still close.
Agree, the crowd was a non-factor.

Interesting thing at clemson, they allow pass outs at half time. A large chunk of their fans left at half time to go drink & eat at the car and did not return until late in 3rd qtr, meanwhile USC was controlling the clock and taking the lead with little crowd noise to make things tough.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Agree, the crowd was a non-factor.

Interesting thing at clemson, they allow pass outs at half time. A large chunk of their fans left at half time to go drink & eat at the car and did not return until late in 3rd qtr, meanwhile USC was controlling the clock and taking the lead with little crowd noise to make things tough.
Not understanding why a home team crowd in its biggest rivalry game of the year would leave the stadium to tailgate in the parking lot at halftime. If you do that, why not just leave the stadium since you're going to miss most of the second half? Just go on home and listen to the rest on the radio. Beat the traffic and cut your losses. :(

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
It's a "sacred cow" at clemson. It cost them in lost concession sales and 3rd qtr momentum, and also results in new drunks entering the game in 2nd half. On the plus side there is less smuggling in booze since they let you go to the car & drink at the half.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.