Oregon HC Chip Kelly hired as Philadelphia Eagles HC

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
He might run a gimmick offense, but I'm still glad he's gone. They were a threat to Alabama, but now it's a lot harder to imagine that.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
I was thinking the same...imo won't be long before he's looking for another job in college. the eagles are a mess, and every team in the NFL has speed, it's not college anymore where you can just recruit the fastest. look at LaMichael James now, not anything more than a situational 3rd and long back.

good news for Bama! Oregon is hiring within, surprising they wont look for a big name

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Wonder if he'll get the same criticism as CNS for his denial and then reversal...
He might just b/c Oregon is a higher profile spot than the Dolphins. But CNS is CNS and he'll always have the haters out there as long as he is successful.

Personally, it's worse to reverse on a college kid (where some kids now might have to scramble to find a new college to sign with or returning players can't declare for the draft or look to transfer). The NFL is a business and players expect a lot of coaching movement so it doesn't them nearly as much as a college or college-bound kid.

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Not just that, but he was talking with ND about a raise and extension. Maybe he was using that talk to get a better deal from Philly. CNS made his comments at one press conference. Kelly said he had the best job ever before the BCS title game; then another after his interview came out thanking the Philly organization and saying he's staying at ND.

I actually do expect the media to blast him more than CNS because of the team he's spurned. CNS left the Dolphins; only Dolphins fans or CNS haters (who'd hate him regardless) still bring that up. Kelly is leaving a very prestigious program in a worse way than CNS left. Kelly better enjoy the NFL b/c credibility is going to be a BIG issue if he ever comes back to college.
Wrong Kelly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just that, but he was talking with ND about a raise and extension. Maybe he was using that talk to get a better deal from Philly. CNS made his comments at one press conference. Kelly said he had the best job ever before the BCS title game; then another after his interview came out thanking the Philly organization and saying he's staying at ND.

I actually do expect the media to blast him more than CNS because of the team he's spurned. CNS left the Dolphins; only Dolphins fans or CNS haters (who'd hate him regardless) still bring that up. Kelly is leaving a very prestigious program in a worse way than CNS left. Kelly better enjoy the NFL b/c credibility is going to be a BIG issue if he ever comes back to college.
You got your Kellys mixed up.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Why would Chip Kelly be talking to ND about a raise? He works or worked for Oregon. He would be talking to Nike about a raise if anyone.

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011

you're thinking of Brian Kelley, the ND Coach.

Chip Kelly is the Oregon HC

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The pickings were slim in the NFL this off-season...guess the Eagles gave him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.