Link: Just when I thought a group of fans couldn't get any sorrier...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Most of the Auburn fans that I know personally are ok. (maybe I don't know too many...being from Tuscaloosa and all). But so many on their message boards are full of hate and envy.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Boys and Girls, it has to kill them that over the last few years they have lost Cyrus. Brent C., TJ, and now Rueben F right at the wire to us. The worse loss we had to them during their 6 streak was by 10 and we were on probation. They have once again hired a coach that is in way over his head. Wait and see. Look for Mike Dyer to be the one that takes them all down if things don't work out for him. Stay tuned.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
it amazes me how they continue to bring up the "6 straight beatdowns". every single one of those games was close. it's like they didn't even watch the absolute massacres we've given them lately. oh that's right...they didn't.
Yeah, "beatdowns" is the operative word there. Case in point, since the year 2000, Auburn has won 7 games against us; the average margin of victory for the Barn? 6 points. Over the same span, we have won five games. Average margin of victory for us? 28 points.

Beatdown, indeed.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
Gotta love watching them wallow in their self pity. They turn against themselves quicker than any other fanbase. If Foster had signed with them, they would be "all in" in their support for him during all this. As bad as that forum is, it is nothing compared to TigersX.com. That is the worst bunch I've seen and I lurk on several rival message boards.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
Most of the Auburn fans that I know personally are ok. (maybe I don't know too many...being from Tuscaloosa and all). But so many on their message boards are full of hate and envy.
Same with me. I am friends with a lot of Auburn fans and I rarely hear the kind of stuff from them that I read on their boards. Maybe some of them just know better than to say it to my face. I often wonder if they have a sane forum? I've seen other Bama forums out there on the web that would give Bama fans a bad name if that were the only one you visited but it seems every Barn forum I visit is full of insane people.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Those people (and I don't need to visit their site) are vile, scum people that needs to stop procreating. This world don't need more people like those idiots.

James Eagle

1st Team
Aug 9, 2011
North Georgia
Yeah, "beatdowns" is the operative word there. Case in point, since the year 2000, Auburn has won 7 games against us; the average margin of victory for the Barn? 6 points. Over the same span, we have won five games. Average margin of victory for us? 28 points.

Beatdown, indeed.
And the beatings will continue............................

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
it amazes me how they continue to bring up the "6 straight beatdowns". every single one of those games was close. it's like they didn't even watch the absolute massacres we've given them lately. oh that's right...they didn't.
during that 6 game streak, auburn's biggest victory was by 10 points!! 4 were against a sanctioned/probation Shula led teams. 1 was against Franphony who basically bolted in 2002. the last one was against CNS 1st year at the Capstone.

in the 2004 game where they went undefeated, au was trailing Bama at halftime. winning by 8 points in the end. :rolleye2:

Last edited:

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I can't say what kind of people they may be on that site. I have several friends that are auburn fans. Being from the Dothan area, that's how it goes. But I can say that those on that site, for the most part, are horrible football fans.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
There is a large portion of the Auburn fan base that really does behave like a cult.
It has become a disturbing trend in recent years.
In fact, it was a disturbing trend during the years we were on probation when they should have, but did not, dominate the conference.
Instead, as others have pointed out, they were satisfied with beating us and going to a bowl game, while LSU and Florida dominated the SEC and national picture.

If Auburn were slammed with the kind of probation that hit us, it would take them 20 years to recover.

FWIW, the 2010 Iron Bowl game does not bother me.
You know which games bother me?
Our 21-17 loss to Texas in 1964.
Our 24-23 loss to Notre Dame in 1973.
Our 13-11 loss to Notre Dame in 1974.
Our 24-23 loss to Florida in the 1994 SECCG.
Our 31-17 loss to Florida in the 2008 SECCG.

I can't say what kind of people they may be on that site. I have several friends that are auburn fans. Being from the Dothan area, that's how it goes. But I can say that those on that site, for the most part, are horrible football fans.

Im from the Dothan area too where there has been an infestation of the little boog maggots since the early 2000s
with their pathetic bloated 6 garbage. I grew up there so I would know that it was like this before with the percentage being in favor 75%/25% Bama and alternating to 70%/30% all before the dark times of dubose and etc. I could care less about the proximity of the cow pasture. We need to get those numbers back up not just there but everywhere in the state.

Last edited:
There is a large portion of the Auburn fan base that really does behave like a cult.
It has become a disturbing trend in recent years.
In fact, it was a disturbing trend during the years we were on probation when they should have, but did not, dominate the conference.
Instead, as others have pointed out, they were satisfied with beating us and going to a bowl game, while LSU and Florida dominated the SEC and national picture.

If Auburn were slammed with the kind of probation that hit us, it would take them 20 years to recover.

FWIW, the 2010 Iron Bowl game does not bother me.
You know which games bother me?
Our 21-17 loss to Texas in 1964.
Our 24-23 loss to Notre Dame in 1973.
Our 13-11 loss to Notre Dame in 1974.
Our 24-23 loss to Florida in the 1994 SECCG.
Our 31-17 loss to Florida in the 2008 SECCG.
Honestly I dont agree with the statement in bold and I don think anyone else besides Bama could do what they did and I especially dont think the booger eaters would have ever come back. They would be
smu #2 if this ever happened.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.