Link: NCAA investigating Auburn's football program

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
I'm sorry, but if Auburn is cheating then they have no right to suck this bad this year.

I mean, seriously... if you shell out as much money as they do to cheat you'd think they could win double digit games at least more than once every 4-5 years.
Love this post. But I think we're seeing the result of a fascinating experiment. When you buy players, you get the kind of players who are looking to break rules. I'm not delusional - I know there are probably varying degrees of people who'll accept a $100 handshake. But if a program chose to just lawyer up and actively shop players, they'd get many of the real bad seeds, who feel entitled to everything and have no sense of responsibility. Then we'd learn how much football is about teamwork, leadership, and coaching vs talent.

It is as interesting an experiment as taking low talent at Boise and teaching them great blocking technique, intelligent position, etc. and putting them against Oklahoma in a BCS bowl. I think the conclusion of the experiment is that football is something like 40% talent and 60% coaching. Fortunately for us, Bama has the best of both.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I've always heard that Stumpy Bowden has enough dirt to bury the whole program, but there is a silence clause in a contract somewhere that prohibits him from spilling his guts.
.......or else what?

Short of physical harm, I doubt there is a monetary penalty after all of these years.:rolleye2:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
eh, nothing is going to happen to auburn. If the NCAA would not take any action over $cam, why would they hit them over something far less serious? Although, I do hope I am wrong.

crimsonman38

Scout Team
Jun 12, 2003
Holly Pond, AL
I really think we should not worry what is going to happen to Auburn. Our focus should be Alabama. We are back in thick of the National Championship hunt and all we can do is talk about Auburn and the NCAA. I for one wish the mods would remove this thread and lets talk some real football.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I really think we should not worry what is going to happen to Auburn. Our focus should be Alabama. We are back in thick of the National Championship hunt and all we can do is talk about Auburn and the NCAA. I for one wish the mods would remove this thread and lets talk some real football.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!
Do you normally contribute something to a thread you wish didn't exist?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!
Um, well, we do play them on Saturday. Maybe that's why we're discussing them ? Or the fact they are our in state archrival ? Just some food for thought.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA

This is Phillip Marshall speaking to you from the loveliest village on the plains.

Do not fret. The NCAA is not investigating Auburn. They are investigating the cheatin' bammers.

They were here in Auburn, but only to come and bask in the glorious presence of our blessed and god-fearing coach and staff. The NCAA investigators and the staff prayed for six hours for the cheatin' bammers to stop their horrible cheatin' ways. Then the NCAA investigators presented our coach and staff with gifts and medals for being so honest and benevolent. Then they prayed again, VanGorder lathered up his glorious mustache and washed their feet, Trooper dried their feet with his towel, and they left with tears in their eyes as they drove to Tuscaloosa to nail the cheatin' bammers.

This is the honest truth. I would never lie to you.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!
After what they tried to do in Gadsden during "Operation Red Dog" with some of Bama recruits..These idiots deserves the attention when it comes possible NCAA sanctions..And it's Iron Bowl week..So yeah I think Bama Fans should be talking about this as well..

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I don't see why people think we shouldn't spend time thinking about a team that we go to head to head with every season both on the field and recruiting. Limits on their recruiting help us. Limits on their scholarships make it more likely we can beat them in the future. I'm not nearly as interested in it as I am, say, EL's hand injury and whether Fulton or Smith will be our third DB on Saturday, but I am interested. Hope they toast them. Don't expect it.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
Hey, hey, hey.............those are my relatives that you are equating to that bunch of in-bred, mouth-breating cultists.

Now that I think about it, they are only relatives by marriage. Their country is a pile of rocks, and the food is over-spiced to cover up that it is probably rancid. They give real Italians a bad name.

Wait a tick..............that does make them sound like API! Never mind.

"I'll have a piece of crostata di fragole without so much rat in it." :biggrin:
That's the trouble with cults.
They walk among us, like the pod people in "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."
Your relatives are brave people, enduring the constant fear of that midnight knock on the door.

Perhaps a change of power is needed with a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
"But if this is another thread blaming Bama for the Yahoo article it needs to stop. Auburn isn't some innocent victim surrounded by almighty powerful rivals who control public opinion at their command. There is enough smoke flowing from this trainwreck to the most conspiratorial minds to suggest something is burning. The question is, what is burning and how bad is the damage? The timing of the article isn't personal, its business for large media trying to draw interest to the least interesting version of the most heated rival in recent history. This isn't Bama driving the final nail in the coffin, calling on all of their agents embedded in the media and NCAA, its what we get for willfully deciding to prioritize recruiting above everything else. We thought it couldn't get worse; it can."

found this post on ITAT. its from one of the rare sane/ rational posters in that cesspool. :rolleye2:

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
"But if this is another thread blaming Bama for the Yahoo article it needs to stop. Auburn isn't some innocent victim surrounded by almighty powerful rivals who control public opinion at their command. There is enough smoke flowing from this trainwreck to the most conspiratorial minds to suggest something is burning. The question is, what is burning and how bad is the damage? The timing of the article isn't personal, its business for large media trying to draw interest to the least interesting version of the most heated rival in recent history. This isn't Bama driving the final nail in the coffin, calling on all of their agents embedded in the media and NCAA, its what we get for willfully deciding to prioritize recruiting above everything else. We thought it couldn't get worse; it can."

found this post on ITAT. its from one of the rare sane/ rational posters in that cesspool. :rolleye2:
Don't worry. They'll drown him out, calling him a "......" in no time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.