Manziel Takes Nickname Legal Action

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
With the 3-ring circus surrounding Manziel I would not be surprised to see A&M take a step backwards this year. Just too many distractions for it to not effect the team.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I don't see a thing wrong with what he is doing. Why should someone else make a profit off his success?
No one said there was anything wrong with it but I certainly would consider this and other things going on a distraction. It's a free enterprise system and hope he makes millions off his nickname.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm sick of the hype, sick of the party, sick of the whole thing. The dude lost TWICE last year, and if not for some questionable (being nice here) play calling would have lost a third time (and a fourth - that Heisman was won basically bc he beat us).

Wasn't Johnny Unitas called Johnny Football? I'm not that old.

EDITED:
Should not have basically called for an injury. My apologies to everyone.

Last edited:

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Hey, it's smart on his part. Gotta give him that. It's his brand now, thanks to the media. No one should be able to profit off it except him (when he's allowed to do so).

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I saw some national sportswriters tweeting about this last night. They wondered how the NCAA will handle the Manziel's winnings from the lawsuit if he and this person settle out of court.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
No one said there was anything wrong with it but I certainly would consider this and other things going on a distraction. It's a free enterprise system and hope he makes millions off his nickname.
I agree - next thing ya know this story will be showing up on football talk forums....oh wait. :rolleye2:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I can understand him wanting to protect his nickname copyright..But..He needs too be concentrating on the game that even made his nickname profitable..Lots of distractions surrounding him since the season ended..I dunno..I don't wanna see a kid fail that has a chance to make history..Even if he's our rival..Get to the Pro's & then worry about copyrights..JMHO

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Next news item. Scam Newton is filing a injunction to stop people from using Scam. Yes sound stupid so does Johnny Football.... But there is no football so we are all bored...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I'm sick of the hype, sick of the party, sick of the whole thing. The dude lost TWICE last year, and if not for some questionable (being nice here) play calling would have lost a third time (and a fourth - that Heisman was won basically bc he beat us).

Wasn't Johnny Unitas called Johnny Football? I'm not that old.

EDITED:
Should not have basically called for an injury. My apologies to everyone.
I always like your posts & share your frustrations as well. I EXPECT that this years defense will NOT allow him to showboat. I don't call for injury either but I think the 2011 hits on Tyler Wilson are going be be love pats compared to what Deliverence Boy is going to see. He had better market up the circus while he can because not just Bama but ALL SEC teams have him on their game plan.

WISHBONE67

Scout Team
Dec 7, 2000
Cleveland, GA
Here is my question. Did he come up with the nickname or someone else? If someone else did then he has to come to some sort of agreement with them. I am just guessing. RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.