Any Updates on Arrested former Auburn Players?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
One of them was convicted earleir this year but hadn'rt heard about the trial for the other three.

Anybody heard anything? :conf3:

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: So what's going on with the Trailer Park Four

One of them was convicted earleir this year but hadn'rt heard about the trial for the other three.

Anybody heard anything? :conf3:
No trees died, only people's lives were in danger. Not worth talking about in the media.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009

Why so long on an open and shut case. They admitted that they did it. When they were pulled over moments after the robbery, they had the stolen property in their possession. What possible difference could the testing make?
It isn't that simple. IIRC, the original prosecutor took a new job which triggered one delay. Now it looks like the defense got it continued once. Each time, it isn't simply going to be pushed to next week. I will have to be rescheduled for whenever Lee County is holding criminal jury trials (some small counties only do that a couple of times a year) - but given Lee County's size there will probably already be trials scheduled at that time. Then you've got to consider the availability of lawyers and witnesses to make sure everyone can attend.

In a nutshell, the real world isn't a Law and Order episode. The wheels of justice actually turn very, very slowly.

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007

There were also some issues that came out after Dyer and others testified during the first trial. You add the delay for the Asst DA that was prosecuting taking a job in Montgomery and one guy being evaluated to see if he is competent to stand trial, then there are delays upon delays for motions being filed.

It seems to me, they could have graduated before this dang trial is over and the guy that is in jail might be eligible for release on good behavior. He got 15 yrs!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Why so long on an open and shut case. They admitted that they did it. When they were pulled over moments after the robbery, they had the stolen property in their possession. What possible difference could the testing make?
Lawyer trick. Keeping Junior out of jail a little longer..., It's what they are paid to do.
The name of the game is postpone,postpone,postpone.
If the courts let it go on too long, things have a way of happening.
Sometimes memories get fuzzy,Sometimes witnesses seem to disappear,
Sometimes confessions are tossed out...lots of things can happen to aid the Defense.
BUT
It also buys time to talk up Plea Bargains for their clients.

Last edited:

tidefaninvr

3rd Team
Sep 15, 2007

and who knows...someone at the 'Barn might be hoping that it keeps getting pushed out...keep it out of sight and out of mind

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Lawyer trick. Keeping Junior out of jail a little longer..., It's what they are paid to do.
The name of the game is postpone,postpone,postpone.
If the courts let it go on too long, things have a way of happening.
Sometimes memories get fuzzy,Sometimes witnesses seem to disappear,
Sometimes confessions are tossed out...lots of things can happen to aid the Defense.
BUT
It also buys time to talk up Plea Bargains for their clients.
Plus a jury might tend to be harsher on a fresh crime than one that happened a long time ago. Stall and stall some more. Of course, the legal bill goes up the longer he stalls, so that's another potential plus from the defending lawyer's viewpoint.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If they only hold criminal court a couple of times a year in Lee County, aren't the chances good an Auburn player will be there?

It is true that delays seem to soften the judge on the case, probably the prosecutors, especially if no one is lobbying for you to go to jail.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
If they only hold criminal court a couple of times a year in Lee County, aren't the chances good an Auburn player will be there?

It is true that delays seem to soften the judge on the case, probably the prosecutors, especially if no one is lobbying for you to go to jail.
To clarify my earlier post, I'm sure Lee county holds criminal jury trials more than a couple of times a year because they're much bigger than a county like Coosa.

And no, it doesn't mean that the Auburn folks would get the next slot. It isn't a first in first out sort of thing. Let's say they do criminal trials in January, March, May, June, September, and November and scheduled the Auburn guys for January. They almost certainly also filled up the trial dates for at least March and May. When the Auburn guys got delayed, you can't simply drop them in March because then you've got to try to reschedule the now displaced March trials. What happens is that they have to look further out for a date that is unfilled and works for both the prosecution and defense (both of which will have many more cases than just this one). Many (heck, maybe all) courts also don't hold trials in a couple of the summer months so a trial continued in January can easily wind up getting pushed all the way to the fall.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Are all three of them using the same lawyer?:cool2:
A lawyer will have to answer for sure, but I don't think they can. Each defendant (particularly Dakota) is best served by placing blame on the others so there would be an inherent conflict.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
A lawyer will have to answer for sure, but I don't think they can. Each defendant (particularly Dakota) is best served by placing blame on the others so there would be an inherent conflict.
If I remember correctly, they were going to be tried together........hence the question. :cool2:

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
If I remember correctly, they were going to be tried together........hence the question. :cool2:
Then I can answer it for sure. I've worked on a trial where the multiple defendants were tried together and they could not share an attorney.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Originally Posted by CapstoneTider

To clarify my earlier post, I'm sure Lee county holds criminal jury trials more than a couple of times a year because they're much bigger than a county like Coosa.

And no, it doesn't mean that the Auburn folks would get the next slot. It isn't a first in first out sort of thing. Let's say they do criminal trials in January, March, May, June, September, and November and scheduled the Auburn guys for January. They almost certainly also filled up the trial dates for at least March and May. When the Auburn guys got delayed, you can't simply drop them in March because then you've got to try to reschedule the now displaced March trials. What happens is that they have to look further out for a date that is unfilled and works for both the prosecution and defense (both of which will have many more cases than just this one). Many (heck, maybe all) courts also don't hold trials in a couple of the summer months so a trial continued in January can easily wind up getting pushed all the way to the fall.
Just to clarify my position. It was a joke. I could care less how often they hold court or the slotting.:cool:

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Just to clarify my position. It was a joke. I could care less how often they hold court or the slotting.:cool:
Well, that explains the loud whoosh I heard. It was the whole "if they're holding court, there will be an Auburn player there" thing flying right over my head. :cool2::biggrin:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
What I find funny is that they have these four former players on armed robbery charges. ARMED ROBBERY! Let that sink in for a minute...

And they ignore this while bemoaning the slow justice for their trees.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Well, that explains the loud whoosh I heard. It was the whole "if they're holding court, there will be an Auburn player there" thing flying right over my head. :cool2::biggrin:
It's hard to believe the Auburn was worried about a few trees just a few short months ago, in the mean time we've had murders, arse whippings, coaches bolting, team giving up, coaches fired......I sure I left out some things.....oh yeah, NCAA investigation :biggrin:(this guy is supposed to be green)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.