ND Fans Seem to be Bi-Polar at This Point

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
How could you ask for a better BCSNCG? This is a dream match-up for both fanbases with two traditional powers, both with storied history battling for college football's ultimate prize.

The only thing that could make it better would be if ND brought out the green jerseys...
Some are talking like it might happen (the green jerseys).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wish in games like this you could get two color jerseys because they aren't similar...crimson and white v. navy (?) blue and gold.

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012
How could you ask for a better BCSNCG? This is a dream match-up for both fanbases with two traditional powers, both with storied history battling for college football's ultimate prize.

The only thing that could make it better would be if ND brought out the green jerseys...
My sentiments exactly. The top program in the country, and the other who used to be great trying to find their way back. The pedigree and old style football makes this game a must see.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
It is confirmed for Blue. No way we come out in Green.

BTW, we just found out our bowl practice schedule. Have you guys got one up yet?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It is confirmed for Blue. No way we come out in Green.

BTW, we just found out our bowl practice schedule. Have you guys got one up yet?
CNS spends the first few bowl practices going over the fundamentals. Almost like fall camp. Then, the team goes over the gameplan.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
CNS spends the first few bowl practices going over the fundamentals. Almost like fall camp. Then, the team goes over the gameplan.
Right, but like a specific bowl plan. For example, ours was just announced:

Notre Dame Bowl Month Schedule:
Dec 7th: 1st Practice (during day) & Awards Show (8pm)
Dec 10-14: Finals Week
Dec 21-27: Off for Christmas
Dec 28-31: Return for practice in South Bend
Jan 2: Departure for Miami
Jan 3-5: Practice in Miami
Jan 7: BCS National Championship Game
***Practice Dates: Dec 7, 8, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 28, 29, 30, 31 Jan. 3, 4, 5

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Right, but like a specific bowl plan. For example, ours was just announced:

Notre Dame Bowl Month Schedule:
Dec 7th: 1st Practice (during day) & Awards Show (8pm)
Dec 10-14: Finals Week
Dec 21-27: Off for Christmas
Dec 28-31: Return for practice in South Bend
Jan 2: Departure for Miami
Jan 3-5: Practice in Miami
Jan 7: BCS National Championship Game
***Practice Dates: Dec 7, 8, 11, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 28, 29, 30, 31 Jan. 3, 4, 5
Finals are this week and next at UA, so the players won't practice until after that.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
They'll probably spend half the allotted practice periods on fundamentals and "self-prep" (learning on our own offense and defense). I really don't think Saban spends more than one week of practices installing the gameplan. That isn't to say he isn't burning the midnight oil with his staff to create the gameplan.

It probably allows them to keep the team sharp but also invest time into creating a coherent and complete plan. Teams that start installing early keep on adding things on as they find more things to prepare against. Alabama has probably applied the KISS method. They determine what the opponent will do throughly then send it to the team to execute.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They'll probably spend half the allotted practice periods on fundamentals and "self-prep" (learning on our own offense and defense). I really don't think Saban spends more than one week of practices installing the gameplan. That isn't to say he isn't burning the midnight oil with his staff to create the gameplan.

It probably allows them to keep the team sharp but also invest time into creating a coherent and complete plan. Teams that start installing early keep on adding things on as they find more things to prepare against. Alabama has probably applied the KISS method. They determine what the opponent will do throughly then send it to the team to execute.
It interested me that the last second deflection was a planned play, based on study of what UGA had done in the past - put in by Smart. Of course, the jumping the route part was planned. The deflection and catch by the wrong receiver was gravy... :D

SoINIrishFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2012

I think it might keep them excited since it's still fairly new too. Kids don't get bored with the repetition. Sounds like a great way to do things.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean, Saban is 4-1 in bowl games here and the one loss I think external factors got to the team. The loss to Florida crushed them, losing Andre Smith hurt the OL which didn't have much depth in year two, and Urban Meyer handed Utah's staff the Florida gameplan from the SECCG.

The players may have wanted another shot with Florida in 2009 to win, but I think our staff kind of wanted to embarrass Florida's staff for trying to help an opponent of an SEC team in a bowl game. I may be wrong about that...but I do know Urban Meyer spoke with Utah's staff a few times leading up to their game.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It interested me that the last second deflection was a planned play, based on study of what UGA had done in the past - put in by Smart. Of course, the jumping the route part was planned. The deflection and catch by the wrong receiver was gravy... :D
i'm really impressed that our d was able to do that on the fly under extreme duress.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I mean, Saban is 4-1 in bowl games here and the one loss I think external factors got to the team. The loss to Florida crushed them, losing Andre Smith hurt the OL which didn't have much depth in year two, and Urban Meyer handed Utah's staff the Florida gameplan from the SECCG.

The players may have wanted another shot with Florida in 2009 to win, but I think our staff kind of wanted to embarrass Florida's staff for trying to help an opponent of an SEC team in a bowl game. I may be wrong about that...but I do know Urban Meyer spoke with Utah's staff a few times leading up to their game.
yeah, i think we can safely say that saban won that back and forth with urban :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.