CB/S Chris Williams update

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Gonna start off and say that I pretty much wrote him off because of grades and then Bessent flipping...BUT he just made a 20 on ACT and can qualify with a solid semester. Also, he has some of the best defensive film from his senior year that you could ask for.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Gonna start off and say that I pretty much wrote him off because of grades and then Bessent flipping...BUT he just made a 20 on ACT and can qualify with a solid semester. Also, he has some of the best defensive film from his senior year that you could ask for.
That's some good news....I really like how he handled himself when Bessent tried to get him to flip on Twitter

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Is this the Ole Miss recruit of which we are speaking?
No. That is CJ Hampton. Williams committed to Alabama months ago. Many thought he would not qualify, which was a reason his teammate Kalvarez Bessent decommitted to Alabama and flipped to Auburn.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
What did he say?
Bessent pretty much told him on Twitter that he needed to flip with him to Auburn and that he would talk to him tomorrow about "things" that Alabama do. Williams was pretty much like okay, we can talk tomorrow but you got to do what you got to do, but Im "Roll Tide" all the way, but nothing but respect to you and your decision.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
No. That is CJ Hampton. Williams committed to Alabama months ago. Many thought he would not qualify, which was a reason his teammate Kalvarez Bessent decommitted to Alabama and flipped to Auburn.
Bessent believed things a disgruntled player on our team said to him; then negative recruiting fed that fire. That's why he flipped in my opinion.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Bessent believed things a disgruntled player on our team said to him; then negative recruiting fed that fire. That's why he flipped in my opinion.
I believe our trouble recruiting corners stems from the fact that if you sign with Alabama you are going to be ridden hard, worked hard, and if you screw up you're going to get screamed at. I think many corners just don't like that environment. At Alabama our defense works when we can cover the best receivers one on one. The biggest problems we faced this year was that our corners couldn't do it. We tried playing off, we tried close coverage. In the end they just couldn't do it. HOWEVER, if you look at the NFL to win a job you have to be able to cover the best one on one. So as a young man you're faced with the question: do I make the choice that will be the most fun NOW, or do I make the choice that will be less fun but could result in an NFL career and the financial rewards that brings. More and more in our society people don't want to earn anything they just want it given to them. but the rules of life haven't changed. I think there are players on our current team who have yet to figure that out. They answer correctly when interviewed but they don't know it in their heart.

In the end it's not the players you don't get that kill ya, it's the players you do.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.