Link: Texas Is Moving To An Up-Tempo Offense This Spring

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Shhhhhhhh, y'all...this is a great idea! Up-Tempo Offense huh? Brilliant! Man, I love Mack Brown. What a great coach. May he stay at Texas another 10 years!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Texas high school football may or may not be overated but that is not the problem. Texas produces enough talent for the Longhorns to run any type of offense or defense they choose. The problem is who they sign and how they develop them. Considering the UT ability to skim off pretty much whatever talent they want I don't understand why they ever went to the spread anyway. Limit Coach Saban to his pick of Texas talent and he still wins championships. Not Mack Brown.
I'm not saying there's not a lot of talent in TX - there is. Mainly, what I'm trying to say is that, because of the all-spread environment in the state, and the close competition with each other, it makes it hard to tell when a kid is a genuine 5* and when it's hype. I think it's not so difficult to evaluate with the skill positions but it's hard with the grunts. When I'm talking about "evaluate," I'm talking about evaluating for our pro set and for the pros, not for Oregon...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wish him just enough success to stay on board there.

We don't want to hear the mess that will come from all corners of the world if they fire him cause you know who'll be "rumored" as his replacement!!!:rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.