Link: "Robert Nkemdiche meets Shaq" on LSU Official Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Um, probably not to an aspiring DL. Shaq is probably ancient history. Hightower is not...
He's doing commercials for Buick, which is pretty much our demographic.
I met him years ago when he was with the Lakers. Biggest person I'd ever seen until I saw Yao Ming up close.

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
Shaq is undoubtedly the most dominant player ever. Other than Jordan, he was the most unstoppable force in the NBA ever.

He destroyed everyone he ever matched up against except arugably TD, and was part of probably the best team of all time.

The NBA changed their rules to make it so people could guard Shaq in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Dominant doesn't mean best, but Shaq is a top 5 player in NBA history. And his career only ended 5 years ago for all intents and purposes.

We all love Bama, but how can you guys possibly thing meeting Shaq is less of a big deal than meeting Hightower... People outside of the college football world don't know Hightower. Shaq has been glamorized by being the premier player on the most glamorous team in basketball. Which is also in the second biggest market in the USA. So let's not even compare the two.

Last edited:
Lately? Yea, Shaq's on national television every night. TNT.

I digress...
So is Chuck! You don't see recruits beating down AU's door. When LeBron James is showing up during regular season games to a school he's never been to then says he had a great experience, it trumps Shaq, IMHO. I know what Shaq brings to the table but the shine has worn off him since he left Miami.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
So is Chuck! You don't see recruits beating down AU's door. When LeBron James is showing up during regular season games to a school he's never been to then says he had a great experience, it trumps Shaq, IMHO. I know what Shaq brings to the table but the shine has worn off him since he left Miami.
Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
Chuck never won a ring. His career ended 15+ years ago. And he's just as known for running his mouth as he is for his basketball skills.

Lebron is undoubtedly is a great basketball player. But, he has no affiliation with the school, and I doubt anyone expected him to be like "Yo, my time at 'Bama was terrible". His words carry very little weight. LeBron is just jumping on the bandwagon like a lot of other people. He did the same thing with Tebow and the Broncos. And, if you listen to his interviews, you'll see LeBron isn't really that great/smart of a person, either. Most athletes wont care much about this, but I'm thinking that the kind of people Saban and Kirby Smart look for are those who are intelligent as well as talented. About two days ago, he said that nobody ever commends him on taking a pay cut to play in Miami. Forget teh fact that he's already making 50m a year. Personally, I'm not about to clap for someone making $50m instead of $55m... And there are countless other examples.

Shaq is a part of LSU folklore. I'm not saying he's a better person than Lebron, necessarily, but he's part of LSU. He comes back and people know he loved it. Versus Lebron, who is just jumping on whichever event is hot at teh time.

Still can't hit a free throw.
That didn't stop him from scoring ~30k points in his career. It's tough to shoot a free throw when your hand is almost twice as big as the basketball. It's extremely rare for big guys to shoot them. Ben Wallace, Russell, Chamberlain, Dwight Howard all are terrible shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.