***Official ALABAMA LOI Received Thread***

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Alabama is the only school with 6 straight top 3 recruiting classes. Put that with Saban & company and that is why we have 3 NC's in 4 seasons. Pretty strong!!!!

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
While true, Rivals.com changed their formula this year. So, it's tough to compare apples to apples.
And just to clarify... We have 12 guys rated at 6.0 or 6.1 on Rivals.com's scale.
Of our other great classes, the most we have had is seven.

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
This was the first time I had followed recruiting on a site like this....In the sixties up until now, I relied on sports talk shows to give me a run down the following day.... This has been a fantastic if not an anxious experience for me at times as I followed thoughout the day......The sixties and seventies I had always assumed that Coach Bryant was going to have a great haul and he did as he built his dynasty.... I get that same feeling under Coach Saban and appreciate his dilligence as all of his recruiting team has..... This site and the members on this forum all gave me a unique insight to the process..... I want to thank you all...... I have my good days and bad, and I am sorry I have not been able to participate more in all the discussions on this board.... I keep praying my life will become better so I can participate more......What a
way to live out the remainding years of my life...... Roll Tide!!!!

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
It's like we say this every year, but this could be our best class ever :D

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Reflecting back on the classes, I think 2009 may end up better than 2008 but the class of 2008 meant much more to the program. Several guys from that class were key in the 2008 season turnaround and led the 2009 championship team. That 2009 class gets overlooked a bit but it is just as stacked. AJ McCarron is a probable first-round QB. Fluker, Warmack, and Carpenter are all NFL starting OL by next season (Steen has a chance to star this year). Richardson and Lacy are both NFL backs. Dre Kirkpatrick was a high pick. Nico Johnson, Kenny Bell, and Kevin Norwood have all been instrumental contributors.

It's crazy that our level of recruiting has made the 2010 class a relative bust by comparison.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think recruiting is what drives CNS. He can only coach 13-14 days a year, but he can recruit the rest of the time. He said the staff worked on the '14 class yesterday. While other staffs where sitting around celebrating their '13 class our coaches were already looking forward to next year!

This is the very reason he found his place in football is in the college ranks. He gets 25 "draft" picks a year and they are arguably 25 first round picks. We wait in line for only a few recruits that choose another route, but for the most part CNS can pick and choose the 18 year old men children that he wants to implement into the direction of his program.

What we are seeing right now (3 out of 4 BCSNCs) is the result of the CNS college draft each year. What's amazing is the program is only getting stronger with a haul like we saw yesterday!!!

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I think recruiting is what drives CNS. He can only coach 13-14 days a year, but he can recruit the rest of the time. He said the staff worked on the '14 class yesterday. While other staffs where sitting around celebrating their '13 class our coaches were already looking forward to next year!

This is the very reason he found his place in football is in the college ranks. He gets 25 "draft" picks a year and they are arguably 25 first round picks. We wait in line for only a few recruits that choose another route, but for the most part CNS can pick and choose the 18 year old men children that he wants to implement into the direction of his program.

What we are seeing right now (3 out of 4 BCSNCs) is the result of the CNS college draft each year. What's amazing is the program is only getting stronger with a haul like we saw yesterday!!!
Every year, I expect a dropoff due to the amoutn of talent on already on campus....every year, we have as good, if not better, class coming in.

It defies the laws of recruiting or something...
Truly amazing to sit back and watch.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
Every year, I expect a dropoff due to the amoutn of talent on already on campus....every year, we have as good, if not better, class coming in.

It defies the laws of recruiting or something...
Truly amazing to sit back and watch.
I feel the same way...I remember several years ago "talking up" a top 20 recruiting class during a conversation with fellow Alabama fans, although I was not really all that optimisic about what the future held...now I can look at where the program is and just sit back and be amazed at what "The Process" has wrought. Truly a great time to be a Bama fan. As a former player I am truly thankful that Coach Saban is our coach.

marcusroby

1st Team
Jan 7, 2004
auburn,al usa
The ten years prior to CNS's arrival just make me appreciate the present that much more. They say all good things come to an end so I'm enjoying this to the fullest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.