USC freshman backup guarantees victory over Notre Dame

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Re: U$c freshman backup guarantees victory over mitre dumb

I always love the guarantee statements. If the kid goes out and lights them up he's a freakin' hero and folk legend. If not, then he's trashed in the media for a week. Heck, might as well.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
U$c freshman backup guarantees victory over mitre dumb

I think something more along the lines of 'I'm gonna go out there and do everything I can to lead us to a victory' is better than what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

I think something more along the lines of 'I'm gonna go out there and do everything I can to lead us to a victory' is better than what he said.

you're probably right, but a 19 year old saying "we're going to win" is a bit different from saying "i guarantee a victory."

supposedly a j told his dad "daddy, we will not lose this game" before he left for the lsu game. i don't think he was guaranteeing a win so much as he was expressing his confidence in himself and his team.

and on another note, as a father, i think it's heartwarming to hear a 6'4" 220 lb athlete still calling his father "daddy." i love it.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think Notre Dame has to score at least 30 to win, and even that might not be enough. There's absolutely no way their corners can cover USC's receivers even with a back up QB for USC.
Call me crazy but I still think USC runs away with this game.
Before you jump me though, know this......I sincerely HOPE Notre Dame wins. I'd LOVE to play them in the BCS if we win out.
I just don't think it will happen.
sip

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Mentioned this in another thread, but does everyone fully believe that Barkley isn't going to start just because Kiffin said he was injured (yes I know he left the game injured) the week before playing #1? I didn't see anywhere in that article where the kid said he would lead them to victory, just that USC would win. I just have trust issues with kiffikens.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Mentioned this in another thread, but does everyone fully believe that Barkley isn't going to start just because Kiffin said he was injured (yes I know he left the game injured) the week before playing #1? I didn't see anywhere in that article where the kid said he would lead them to victory, just that USC would win. I just have trust issues with kiffikens.
If he told me it was raining I'd have to look outside myself.

That said, I saw film of Barkley leaving the stadium trying to hide his arm in a sling under his clothing, so do believe he's hurt and out.

jdatide

1st Team
Nov 15, 2007
Carlisle, OH
Totally agree. We all knew ksu would lose, although I thought it would be to texas and not Baylor. I was counting on the USC beatdown of nd to be our path to the BCSNCG. Happy that Stanford stepped up, though. I still think BAMA-oregon for the championship game.

I think Notre Dame has to score at least 30 to win, and even that might not be enough. There's absolutely no way their corners can cover USC's receivers even with a back up QB for USC.
Before you jump me though, know this......I sincerely HOPE Notre Dame wins. I'd LOVE to play them in the BCS if we win out.
sip

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Totally agree. We all knew ksu would lose, although I thought it would be to texas and not Baylor. I was counting on the USC beatdown of nd to be our path to the BCSNCG. Happy that Stanford stepped up, though. I still think BAMA-oregon for the championship game.
I think Oregon goes down again.....

I'm starting to think we see Bama VS K State....

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I think Oregon goes down again.....

I'm starting to think we see Bama VS K State....
Even if Oregon loses, I think K State has 0% chance (or very close to it). They are sitting at #6 in the BCS with only one more game to play. Even if Oregon lost again, Florida still has a substantial lead on K-State, and it will only get bigger if they beat FSU. You also have to factor in that ND may not drop below K-State if they happen to lose this weekend. Just don't see that matchup happening.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

To wordsy for my taste...

mparker2997

3rd Team
Nov 21, 2005
sip
Agree

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.