ADMIN NOTE: ALL POSTERS READ: Profanity on this message board

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
We are keeping the football forum as a family oriented message board therefore we have banned profanity in any thread. It goes on to include profanity in any link you might want to post. Disclaimers or warnings that profanity is included is not allowed. What do we consider profanity? Pretty much everything George Carlin said you can't say on public TV. We don't even want any of the creative misspellings of certain words. Swear words such as Damn we should have scored on that drive or that was one Hell of a team we played this week is not a problem. We use a profanity filter which catches most words but if we see someone who keeps getting **** or ***** in their posts we may have to have a meeting with you. Let's keep it clean, keep it classy and remember some of the members here let their 10 year old daughters read this forum.

Carry on. RTR

Reactions: CrimsonPaul

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Re: Profanity on this message board

Should I change my Greg McElroy quote?
It got past the profanity filter. ;)

Just because I know how some of you guys are don't stay awake all night trying to come up with something to trick the filter it still has to pass our eye test.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

We are keeping the football forum as a family oriented message board therefore we have banned profanity in any thread. It goes on to include profanity in any link you might want to post. Disclaimers or warnings that profanity is included is not allowed. What do we consider profanity? Pretty much everything George Carlin said you can't say on public TV. We don't even want any of the creative misspellings of certain words. Swear words such as Damn we should have scored on that drive or that was one Hell of a team we played this week is not a problem. We use a profanity filter which catches most words but if we see someone who keeps getting **** or ***** in their posts we may have to have a meeting with you. Let's keep it clean, keep it classy and remember some of the members here let their 10 year old daughters read this forum.

Carry on. RTR
That's on the border of child abuse. ;)

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

**** ******** ******* and ******* (take deep breath) ******** your ******!

:)

There's no need for curse words. If you have respect, and an intelligent vocabulary, use it.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Carry on. RTR
Just curious, but what does the filter do? Delete the word or delete the entire post? Here is an idea: change the avatar to an Aubie ;)

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

Exchange between Spock and Kirk when they got trapped in the 20th century.

Spock
: Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors, "double dumb*** on you" and so forth.
Kirk: Oh, you mean the profanity?
Spock: Yes.
Kirk: Well that's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays any attention to you unless you swear every other word.

Kirk, say it ain't so. I guess profanity will become unnecessary in the future.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

Question (and I'm being serious): What about video links in which there's some salty language by our players or coaches? I can think of a few videos (particularly one with Ro. McClain and a couple with Saban) which had profanity. I know I've seen some videos linked on here, and is this message a repsonse to those in particular?

Would it be ok if it said "Warning: the link contains profanity."

edit: I also remember seeing one with Cochran.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

Question (and I'm being serious): What about video links in which there's some salty language by our players or coaches? I can think of a few videos (particularly one with Ro. McClain and a couple with Saban) which had profanity. I know I've seen some videos linked on here, and is this message a repsonse to those in particular?

Would it be ok if it said "Warning: the link contains profanity."

edit: I also remember seeing one with Cochran.
My first three sentences cover what you ask.
We are keeping the football forum as a family oriented message board therefore we have banned profanity in any thread. It goes on to include profanity in any link you might want to post. Disclaimers or warnings that profanity is included is not allowed.
Many people have been banned or given time out for linking to a site filled with profanity. If you think it might be a risk I suggest you either don't do it or ask before posting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.