Good article that puts McCoy's injury into perspective.....

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
oh lord..I feel for all hurt players, but they were fixin' to dominate? Stupid generalized shots like that make me mad as Heck...

Its almost like people are making Bama the losers when we won the dang game...

Edited: Ok so I didn't edit, but I did change my language before I needed too ;)

time_4_the_TIDE

All-SEC
Apr 28, 2009
Mentone, AL
Nice read this just about says it all....

So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, “It’s just a simple throw.” He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. “Give it to me again,” Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. “Give it to me again,” Colt said, again. Brad did.
It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn’t throw it 7 yards to his own father. “My arm was dead,” he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried.

Few people like to think about it when it comes to injuries, but one of the goals of football is to physically dominate your opponent.

CNS's famous quote of "make their asses quit" is indicative of that goal.

That being said, McCoy didn't come down with the H1N1 nor was he the victim of random violence. A Bama player legally hit him and the hit was hard enough to "make him quit", be it his choice or the choice of a team physician or simply that his arm was non-functional.

It is unfortunate for Texas and McCoy but it is part of the game...a phase of the game that Bama won.

TidePrideGA

All-American
Dec 6, 1999
Athens GA
Few people like to think about it when it comes to injuries, but one of the goals of football is to physically dominate your opponent.

That being said, McCoy didn't come down with the H1N1 nor was he the victim of random violence. A Bama player legally hit him and the hit was hard enough to "make him quit", be it his choice or the choice of a team physician or simply that his arm was non-functional.

It is unfortunate for Texas and McCoy but it is part of the game...a phase of the game that Bama won.

Exactly, its not a game for the faint of heart.

BamaBoi65

Dec 14, 2009
I am sorry that McCoy was injured, but that is a decision you make about your own safety playing this game. That also makes two great quarterbacks at the height of their winning seasons that Alabama made cry...

:BigA: Roll Tide! :BigA:

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
And that's what I'll fondly remember about this defense. Tough as nails. Knocked out Jefferson and Scott of LSU, made Tebow cry, just about made Meyer have a heart attack, and knocked McCoy out of the game. All legally and all within Saban's mantra when he came to the Capstone, make teams HATE to play us or see us on the schedule.

And before anyone gets worked up, I in no way am saying that I'm glad anyone got hurt. I just love that our defense is tough as nails and hits people hard enough that they can't come back in the game.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

Excellent post.

Worth noting that Bama was without the BEST PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY due to injury for the entire 3rd quarter, and Bama's offense stalled because of it.

caveman4bama

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 12, 2009
oh lord..I feel for all hurt players, but they were fixin' to dominate? Stupid generalized shots like that make me mad as Heck...

Its almost like people are making Bama the losers when we won the dang game...

Edited: Ok so I didn't edit, but I did change my language before I needed too ;)
word

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.