This Statement In Article Makes Me Upset

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
You have to consider the source.
(What? You didn't see the 'L' on his forehead...) ;)

NEXT:

If McCoy plans to play with the 'Big Boys', he better grow up and get tough.
He's gonna take worse in the pros...

BubbaOne

Scout Team
Jun 27, 2007
Tucker, GA
Colt says Texas was about to Dominate well Colt we gave you two easy chances inside the 20 to do just that first we stopped you at the 3 yard line held to a FG next inside the 20 then put you out with a mediocre hit another FG we got tired of waiting so we hung 24 on you before the half hoping you would return in the 2nd half only so we could implement our gameplan we just practiced for 33 days only to realize you prized your NFL career over the chance to win a NC We are ALABAMA we take the NC serious Our players play even if hurt, see Mr. Ingram or Mr. McElroy, By the way good luck on the NFL career with your wimpy " my arm is not right I cannot play attitude" Stick with that and you will surely feel serious pain

jmp343

Oct 18, 2005
Fairhope, AL
I don't think colt would have tackled Richardson on that fifty yard touchdown run. Or could he have stopped Ingram from running over
several Texas defenders. Bama won. That's just football.

Jeff

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I fully understand why they feel the way they do.

I actually expected Texas to pop out to a quick lead because the underdog is more emotionally dialed in. But I also expected Alabama to weather the outburst and pull ahead for good in the second quarter.

The injury to Colt McCoy drastically effected the game on both sides. Alabama went completely conservative offensively after the injury. That may have made Texas look better than they really are.

I just hope they (Texas) doesn't stoop to claiming moral or mythical championships like Auburn does, to see a fellow legacy program go there would be sad.

BigAlsGal

Scout Team
Sep 7, 2009
Talladega, Alabama
I fully understand why they feel the way they do.

I actually expected Texas to pop out to a quick lead because the underdog is more emotionally dialed in. But I also expected Alabama to weather the outburst and pull ahead for good in the second quarter.

The injury to Colt McCoy drastically effected the game on both sides. Alabama went completely conservative offensively after the injury. That may have made Texas look better than they really are.

I just hope they (Texas) doesn't stoop to claiming moral or mythical championships like Auburn does, to see a fellow legacy program go there would be sad.
Good post!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That injury plus Greg's fractured ribs. I notice most UT fans don't want to discuss that factor. Doesn't fit the official script...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Also, I failed to mention that our MLB/defensive captain had to have two IVs before the game and one at halftime, because he hadn't been able to eat in two days. He was determined that his teammates wouldn't know that he was still sick. Everyone has handicaps at this point in the season...

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
Well, if you use that logic about McCoy, then Texas didn't belong in the Championship game. Sam Bradford would of beaten Texas if he wasn't injured. Texas only won by 3 points over Oklahoma. Nobody is pointing to that game to deride Texas's accomplishments.

Injuries are part of the game. They change the dynamics of a game, but in unpredictable ways. With McCoy out and McElroy's ribs, Bama went conservative in the 3rd. That allowed a freshman QB get into the flow of the game. Let's not forget how many dropped passed Texas receivers had. McCoy doesn't catch the ball last time I check.

With McCoy still playing I guarantee that we would have been more aggressive on offense. Not the same game at all and probably with us coming out on top anyways.

TidefaninMO

1st Team
Mar 30, 2007
Columbia Mo
His dad said this morning on ESPN's First Take that he told him in the locker room he knew what we were gonna do before we did it. How true that was considering when Colt was injured, I don't know. I mean he might have, but the injury happened on the first drive. CNS and CKS would have adjusted, so would have Colt and Davis.
So if he knew what we were going to do then why was he smacked at the LOS by Dareus? If he knew what we were doing he should have taken that
option and run it up the gut for a TD. Please, knew what we were doing?

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005
We played though our injuries and mistakes, Texas did not. We finished, they didn't. We win, they lose. RTR.

Roll Tide

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
That injury plus Greg's fractured ribs. I notice most UT fans don't want to discuss that factor. Doesn't fit the official script...
Yep, two can play at this game. I just rewatched part of the game, and paid more attention to our playcalls and formations. We were definitely playing the "keep the QB safe" game. I also now see why McElroy was playing so slow and didn't throw it away. Might not have got it out of bounds, lol. I have no idea how McElroy took those sacks, he gets major retroactive kudos from me.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
All I was saying is that I did not like anyone assuming that the way we played the first part of the game was the way we would play the entire game.

That is all.
I think everyone understands what you were pointing out. They are just adding their points, as well. They aren't telling you that you were wrong to have your own thoughts.
If I were McCoy, I would have been extrememly disappointed in having to miss a game that I had worked so hard to play in. Early on, it certainly appeared that they were going to hand us our rearends, but it was a little presumptuous to assume we would have continued to unravel. I think their experience in BCS games showed early on while we were getting over some nerves.
I do wonder if we would have been able to pass the ball more effectively if we would have been forced to play from behind. Fortunately, we didn't have to because we shoved the ball down their throats and forced them into mistakes. Roll Tide!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Colt Mccoy caused them not to play defense very well last night either........I mean Colt getting hurt caused the Defense to give up 200+ yards rushing.....Colt's shoulder injury really set the Defense back 4 years.:rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.