This Statement In Article Makes Me Upset

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BigAlsGal

Scout Team
Sep 7, 2009
Talladega, Alabama
“We were about to dominate.” (Before Colt got hurt.)

Really? :conf2:

I mean...just because we were scrambling the first quarter did not mean that this was a glimpse of the outcome of the entire game.

Alabama is a 4 quarter team.... and I seriously doubt they would have just rolled over and given Texas the championship game.

We would have made adjustments.

Remember the Auburn game......

I can understand and see where Colt could have felt he missed out on helping out his team....but I don't understand someone thinking they had the game won before halftime.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

I mean...just because we were scrambling the first quarter did not mean that this was a glimpse of the outcome of the entire game.

Alabama is a 4 quarter team.... and I seriously doubt they would have just rolled over and given Texas the championship game.

I can understand and see where Colt could have felt he missed out on helping out his team....but I don't understand someone thinking they had the game won before halftime.
After what happened to him last night, I will cut the guy some slack.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan

how did you feel when Nick Saban said there was another school in this state he was going to dominate 365 days a year?

chuxlee

3rd Team
Dec 6, 2008
I was at Sports Authority this morning in Huntsville to buy the Championship hat, and the guy ringing people up (auburn fan) stated that bama would have been blown out if mccoy did not go down! I went off, told him to tell Tebow that, that auburn cares more about Bama then there own team, and where was Auburn anyway...Georgia? His manager told him to go to the back. They are trying to sell Bama stuff and have a idiot barner fan ringing them up? Last time I go there.

UAME

All-SEC
Mar 28, 2000
Tuscumbia, AL
Colt's a competitor and a winner. He was gone after the 5th snap. If he had entered the game thinking anything less than "we were about to dominate", it would be surprising and somewhat disappointing.

Bama knocked him off his pedestal. I'm sure it would take anyone more than an hour or two to get over it. Along with that quote, I also heard him say some things that showed great sportsmanship and respect toward his competition.

patriot34

Scout Team
Oct 27, 2009
Trussvegas
So were the Nazis in the 1940's. So were the Aztecs, so were the French with Napoleon. The key word here is "WERE". While Texas was concrened with a "we were" stance, all Bama did was "DO". Bama DID, Texas DID NOT. In the end, that's all anyone will ever remember.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
His dad said this morning on ESPN's First Take that he told him in the locker room he knew what we were gonna do before we did it. How true that was considering when Colt was injured, I don't know. I mean he might have, but the injury happened on the first drive. CNS and CKS would have adjusted, so would have Colt and Davis.

Crimson Wonder

1st Team
Sep 4, 2002
Atlanta
Someone made the point earlier... Had Hightower not been injured for the game, it wouldn't have been close with or w/o McCoy.. feels good to play the "what if" game doesn't it?

BigAlsGal

Scout Team
Sep 7, 2009
Talladega, Alabama
All I was saying is that I did not like anyone assuming that the way we played the first part of the game was the way we would play the entire game.

That is all.

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
A Gator "friend" of mine commented to me that "they were dominating when he went out". I quickly reminded him that when McCoy went out the score was only 3-0 and they had only generated 26 yards of offense on 5 plays. He just as quickly shut up!!

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009
I don't think he would've survived much more of our defense. I mean if was the first hit he took. Can you imagine if he had tried to run on Rolando?

Saying "we were about to dominate" is more forgivable in a young man than Mack Brown saying "It wouldn't have been close." That's what really gets me. Defend Texas all you want, but there not giving much credit.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
"To win 13 games ... and then to come here and it be taken away from you, I don't understand I guess," McCoy said. "I am truly disappointed because I would have made a huge difference tonight. We were about to dominate the game."
Really? like you made a huge difference in the Nebraska game? Puh-lease... whine some more...

BigAlsGal

Scout Team
Sep 7, 2009
Talladega, Alabama
I don't think he would've survived much more of our defense. I mean if was the first hit he took. Can you imagine if he had tried to run on Rolando?

Saying "we were about to dominate" is more forgivable in a young man than Mack Brown saying "It wouldn't have been close." That's what really gets me. Defend Texas all you want, but there not giving much credit.
Very true.....

NPGator

3rd Team
Dec 16, 2009
It is easy to say something like that when you know they can never prove it. Injuries are part of the game and the fact that your QB played hurt and Colt stood on the sideline shows the cultural difference between the two teams. One team is tough and one team is soft.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.