What kind of year did Brandon Moore and Glenn Harbin Have?

Hal Bennett

Suspended
Aug 18, 2008
I wonder about Harbin, now that you mention him. He was highly sought after, and since he came to Bama, I have hardly heard anything about him.

Saban is like a man with a pouch full of gold nuggets. Some of them get forgotten, but they are still there.

time_4_the_TIDE

All-SEC
Apr 28, 2009
Mentone, AL
I wonder about Harbin, now that you mention him. He was highly sought after, and since he came to Bama, I have hardly heard anything about him.

Saban is like a man with a pouch full of gold nuggets. Some of them get forgotten, but they are still there.

Some guys just don't do well in college I don't know why but that is just the way it is. I played FB against this guy that went to BAMA back in the late 90's. Tider Insider - New Tider Bart Raulston

I mean he was it in north AL as far as OL go, that is all we heard about Bart this and Bart that. He was a force to be reckoned with in HS but never saw the field at BAMA, as far as I remember. He may have got in there on mop-up duty at some point but for all the hype surrounding the guy in HS he sure was a flop at the next level.

Not saying that Moore or Harbin fit into this category just saying that it has happened before and it will happen again...

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Knid: The Vermicious Knid was an [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_rock"]indie rock[/ame] band from Brantford, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontario"]Ontario[/ame]. Formed in October 2000,[1] the band became a centrepiece of Brantford's music scene. They released an EP independently in 2001 and released a second EP, Days That Stand Still, on AntiAntenna Recordings in 2002. However, after releasing their first and only full-length album, Smalltown Devotion/Hometown Compulsion, in 2005 they officially disbanded, and played their final show at [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ford_Plant"]The Ford Plant[/ame] on 10 February 2006

Just messin with ya! :biggrin:

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Some guys just don't do well in college I don't know why but that is just the way it is. I played FB against this guy that went to BAMA back in the late 90's. Tider Insider - New Tider Bart Raulston

I mean he was it in north AL as far as OL go, that is all we heard about Bart this and Bart that. He was a force to be reckoned with in HS but never saw the field at BAMA, as far as I remember. He may have got in there on mop-up duty at some point but for all the hype surrounding the guy in HS he sure was a flop at the next level.

Not saying that Moore or Harbin fit into this category just saying that it has happened before and it will happen again...

Don't know what is happening with Harbin, but Moore is a true freshman that was redshirted. So Moore has not even started his Bama career yet

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Harbin spent the year getting bigger, and he succeeded. He looks as intimidating as any any returning DL on the team, besides Dareus and Chapman. I look for him to make an impact sooner rather than later. As long as he applies himself to learning the defense, the sky's the limit for him.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Harbin's first love in HS was baseball, although I'm not sure he is a better bb player than a football one. I watched him play football at McGill, and he seemingly took some plays off; plays where he could have disrupted or killed plays and didn't. Some of the sportscasters even made comments about it. When he was on, he was very, very good. Hopefully, his focus will not be a problem at Bama.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Bart Raulston had terrible luck with injuries while at Alabama. He broke both his wrists, and had an ankle problem too. I do remember him playing for the revived JV team, when Fran was at Alabama. He actually got in at TB and scored a TD.

As for Moore and Harbin, I believe both with have an opportunity to make an impact this season. Moore should see some snaps at NG, and Harbin has added enough bulk to put his hand on the ground as a pass rusher.

My wife and I ended up in a country-western bar with a host of Bama players in Honolulu after their victory in Hawaii. Bart was among the group and he was gigantic! Unfortunately for him, Bart was the only one of the players there that I had to ask what his name was.

Just a note of caution to you all...hypothetically speaking of course. Never offer to pick up a bar tab for 10-12 Bama football players. It is surprising how much some of those guys drank and equally surprising at how much that Hawaiian "juke-joint" charged for "Alabama Slammers". ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.