Tide Fans NSD 2010 Alabama Signing Class

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
2010 Alabama Signing Class

Alabama signed 26 2010 prospects and 3 2009 grayshirts on NSD. I have no way of actually knowing the details on how many grayshirts will be backcounted because there has not been a public statement from UA about that situation. I believe that two of the three grayshirts will be backcounted to the 2009 class.

Bama Mag: 2010 Alabama Commit/Signee List

Bama Mag: 2010 Alabama Prospects List

BOL: 2010 Alabama Commit/Signee List

BOL: 2010 Alabama Prospects List

The previous 2010 Alabama Commitments and Prospects List thread (if anyone wants to look back at the discussion)

Prospects that have committed to Alabama and enrolled early are listed under :BigA: Commitments with their name and a link to their profile followed by *** (ALABAMA EARLY ENROLLEE-LOI SIGNED) ***.

Prospects that are a JUCO transfer who have signed an LOI and are enrolled at Alabama are listed under :BigA: Commitments with their name and a link to their profile followed by *** (ALABAMA MIDYEAR TRANSFER-LOI SIGNED) ***.

NSD Prospects that have committed and have faxed in their signed LOI to Alabama are listed under :BigA: Commitments with their name and a link to their profile followed by *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***.

:BigA: Total Commitments (26)

Quarterbacks:

:BigA: Commitments (1)
Phillip Sims - Chesapeake, VA. *** (ALABAMA EARLY ENROLLEE-LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

QB Prospects
None

Athletes:

Blake Sims - Gainesville, GA. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

ATH Prospects
None

Running Backs:

:BigA: Commitments (2)
Jalston Fowler - Prichard, AL. *** (ALABAMA EARLY ENROLLEE-LOI SIGNED) ***
Corey Grant - Opelika, AL. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

RB Prospects
None

Wide Receivers:

:BigA: Commitments (3)
Ronald Carswell - Macon, GA. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
Keiwone Malone - Memphis, TN. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
DeAndrew White - Galena Park, TX. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

WR Prospects
None

Tight Ends:

Harrison Jones - Memphis, TN. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
Brian Vogler - Columbus, GA. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

TE Prospects
None

Offensive Linemen:

Arie Kouandjio - Hyattsville, MD. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
Chad Lindsay - The Woodlands, TX. *** (ALABAMA EARLY ENROLLEE-LOI SIGNED) ***
Austin Shepherd - Suwanee, GA. *** (ALABAMA EARLY ENROLLEE-LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

OL Prospects
None

Defensive Tackles:

Brandon Ivory - Memphis, TN. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
Brandon Lewis - Pleasant Grove, AL. via (JUCO - East Mississippi CC) *** (ALABAMA MIDYEAR TRANSFER-LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

DT Prospects
None

Defensive Ends:

Alfy Hill - Shallotte, NC. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
Adrian Hubbard - Norcross, GA. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
Wilson Love - Mountain Brook, AL. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

DE Prospects
None

Linebackers:

C.J. Mosley - Theodore, AL. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

LB Prospects
None

Defensive Backs:

:BigA: Commitments (6)
Deion Belue - Tuscumbia, AL. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
John Fulton - Manning, SC. *** (ALABAMA EARLY ENROLLEE-LOI SIGNED) ***
Dequan Menzie - Columbus, GA. via (JUCO - Copiah-Lincoln CC) *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
Demarcus Milliner - Millbrook, AL. *** (ALABAMA EARLY ENROLLEE-LOI SIGNED) ***
Nick Perry - Prattville, AL. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***
Jarrick Williams - Eight Mile, AL. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

DB Prospects
None

Kickers/Punters:

Cade Foster - Southlake, TX. *** (ALABAMA EARLY ENROLLEE-LOI SIGNED) ***
Jay Williams - Thomasville, AL. *** (ALABAMA LOI SIGNED) ***

* Scholarship Offers *
None

K/P Prospects
None

Last edited:

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Here is the Roll Tide Alabama 2010 Signing Class with bios and the CNS National Signing Day Press Conference transcript with comments from CNS and some signees.

RollTide.com: National Signing Day 2010 Alabama Signing Class
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - University of Alabama head football coach Nick Saban announced today that 18 student-athletes have signed national letters of intent to play football with the Crimson Tide, joining 11 players who enrolled at the Capstone in January and will compete in spring practice later this semester.

The 29 players, including 11 mid-year enrollees, come from nine states - Alabama (11), Georgia (7), Tennessee (3), Texas (3), Maryland (1), North Carolina (1), South Carolina (1), Virginia (1); Florida (1)

Alabama's 2010 signing class is ranked third nationally by ESPNU, fourth by Scout.com and fifth by Rivals.com.
2010 Alabama Signing Day Press Conference Quotes
Feb. 3, 2010

Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban

“I think you guys get it just like everybody else. Is there anybody ever in college football that didn’t have a good recruiting class that they didn’t satisfy their needs and they didn’t get somebody that’s going to make an impact on the team next year? I don’t want you to think I’m being glib in the way that I manage this. We are pleased with the kind of football players that we were able to attract to come to our school this year.

There’s a lot that goes into having a successful recruiting class. I think first of all it starts with your assistant coaches and the job that they do, and this was a long process now, at least probably a year or more, in recruiting guys and getting started on recruiting younger and younger players, which makes it even more difficult on the coaches because you’re trying always to find the younger guy and get started on them earlier, earlier and earlier. It makes it more difficult to probably evaluate players and develop the kind of relationships relative to the rules. I thought our coaches did a tremendous job of identifying players, identifying talent and satisfying some needs that we had relative to some areas where we had a significant amount of graduation, establishing relationships with these guys and their families, but also our players do a fantastic job of hosting these players, developing relationships with them and helping us in recruiting, as our administration does.

Dr. Witt has always participated in our recruiting. Mal Moore always participates in our recruiting. The University community here does as fine a job as any place I’ve ever been or ever coached, in terms of John Dever and the academic people here contributing from an academic standpoint, as well as providing informative academic information about majors and spending their time on weekends to visit with players. That’s always a significant part of what we need to do. I think the whole family and whole team here, including our fans and their support and passion that they show whether it’s in support of the A-Day game, the great support that we get when we’re playing on the road as well as when we play here in Bryant-Denny Stadium – all things that have a significant impact on being able to attract quality people in your organization.

There are two things I always talk about: how you bring players to your team and how you develop the players once they get to your team. I think we have a pretty good team of people to do that and I’m pleased with the way were able to bring players to our team this particular year.

You guys know that I’m not really much into the ratings and really don’t even know how we are rated, and really don’t much care how we’re rated. Every year I try to come up with some analogy to sort of put in perspective how you should rate recruiting classes. If we went out to buy a hunting dog and it was a puppy, we would buy it based on its potential, its lineage or whatever you want to call it in terms of breeding, and we would know probably when that dog grew up whether it was a good hunting dog or not. We’d never know until we put him out in the field and saw him actually go hunting, but we would buy it without knowing for sure what that result would be.

I think recruiting is not an exact science and really it takes about two years to really evaluate whether you had a good recruiting class or not. If we really want to figure it out, we should be talking about the 2008 recruiting class right now. How good was the 2008 class? Whether it was Julio Jones, Mark Ingram, Marcell Dareus, Mark Barron, or whoever you want, Dont’a Hightower, whoever you want to talk about in that class now has been out on the field and proven to some degree that they’re good players, and there are many other players in that class that are good players. There are some other players that haven’t had an opportunity to contribute but will contribute in the future as well. There is one thing that I always say to players when we recruit them, and a lot of these players make decisions based on whether they can play next year. The fact of the matter is not a whole lot of players actually play when they’re freshmen. Only a few start and some contribute. We certainly had our share contribute here. I think two years ago we had four newcomers starting and 14 players play. Last year we had a significant number of guys that played as well and made an impact on our team, and we always want to give these players and opportunity to play when they’re freshmen. But, are you going to be a better player when you’re a senior in high school than when you were a freshman? I think if you ask that question to any player they would say they’re a much better player than I was when I was a freshman. I think the same thing can happen when they get to college. They’re going to improve each year. They’re going to get bigger, stronger, they’re going to have better knowledge and experience, and they’re going to be able to participate. That’s why I think that the true rating of recruiting class comes somewhere down the road when you look at how many people in that particular class turned out to be the kind of players that we think they might be.

We’re very pleased because we have a unique circumstance in this class where we have 11 players – seven new players, one junior college transfer, three holdovers from a year ago and a transfer from another school – that are all here at mid-semester who are going to be a part of our team. They’re going to be here for spring practice. They’re going to be here for the off-season program, and that’s going to enhance their development. We feel very fortunate that we have quality players here that may impact our team and have given themselves a better chance to impact our team because they’re going to be here a semester early. I think that’s going to enhance their development. Kareem Jackson did that when he was a freshman and he actually started as a freshman. We think that’s a real advantage to this class, one of things that maybe gets overlooked a little bit. I think it’s something that could help our team quite a bit next year.”

Last edited:

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
What's the verdict on Alabama's 2010 football signing class? | The Bama Beat - al.com
So National Signing Day has passed quickly and quietly on the Alabama front. Unlike the past two years, which saw the likes of Julio Jones and Dre Kirkpatrick hold dramatic, nationally televised press conferences to announce decisions, today contained no such drama.

No, the Crimson Tide did not gain anyone off a list of late targets that included Shon Coleman (Auburn) and James Stone (Tennessee). But Nick Saban and company didn't lose anyone at the last second either, signing the full 29 players that were expected to officially join up today (That's not counting Keenan Allen, whose situation had ruled him out in most circles).

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
CNS talks about Alabama's consensus top-5 signing class.

Listen to Coach Nick Saban discuss Alabama's 2010 recruiting class | Keeping Score - al.com
Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban wrapped up Alabama's National Signing Day with a 4:00 press conference to discuss another highly-ranked crop of freshmen coming into Alabama's football program.

In his conference, Saban discounted the system of rating recruits, described the recruiting process as an inexact science, yet hailed the incoming players as a great infusion of talent into the Crimson Tide program.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Tide reels in top 5 recruiting class | TideSports.com
For the past two years on the first Wednesday in February, Nick Saban has insisted that he cared not one bit about the University of Alabama’s recruiting class being ranked No. 1 in the nation.

Alabama’s 2010 class was ranked in the nation’s top five by four top recruiting services — ESPNU, Rivals.com, Scout.com and CBS College Sports — but Alabama failed to earn the No. 1 spot for a third consecutive season. For Saban, the time to ask about how this class stacks up won’t be until 2012.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Alabama recruiting capsules: Player by player from Deion Belue to Jay Williams | Sports from the Press-Register - al.com
DB DeMarcus Milliner (6-2, 180) Millbrook Stanhope Elmore: Arguably the top-rated commitment in Alabama's 2010 signing class. Five-star prospect by Rivals.com and Scout.com. Rated state's best player by Rivals.com and nation's best CB by Scout.com. Has enrolled and will participate in spring practice. Parade All-American. Had 71 tackles with 3 interceptions and 8 passes broken up as a senior. Had 594 yards rushing and receiving with 8 TDs. Also had offers from Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, Clemson, Oklahoma and Stanford. No. 1 in the Elite 18 rankings and No. 4 in the Super Southeast 120.

QB Phillip Sims (6-2, 209) Chesapeake (Va.) Oscar Smith: Four-star prospect by Rivals.com and five-star by Scout.com. Rated second-best player in Virginia and nation's second-best pro-style QB by Rivals.com and Scout.com. Has enrolled and will participate in spring practice. Parade All-American. Broke Virginia state record with more than 9,100 career passing yards. Also had offers from Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Florida State and North Carolina.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
DeMarcus Milliner, Phillip Sims get to work early as two of the top players in Alabama's recruiting class | Sports from the Press-Register - al.com
When touted prep cornerback DeMarcus Milliner realized Alabama was going to lose six or seven defensive backs from its 2009 team, "I just knew I should come in early."

Of the same opinion, quarterback Phillip Sims went to great lengths to obtain approval from the state of Virginia, allowing him to leave high school after 3½ years and enroll a semester early at UA.

"I'll miss prom, but hey, prom is nothing but a big party," Sims said Wednesday. "And trust me, when you're in college, it's a whole lot of parties. You're going to have plenty of opportunities to have fun and stuff like that. So I'm glad I'm here."

So the two biggest gems of the Alabama 2010 signing class, Milliner (the state's top prospect) and Sims (one of the nation's top quarterback prospects) bypassed standard National Signing Day fanfare for college classes and film at the Crimson Tide's football complex.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Alabama signing day lacks drama | X's and Uh-oh's - al.com
Contrary to what you might have heard, there was no feeling of gloom and doom inside the Mal Moore Athletic Complex on National Signing Day.

No one will ever confuse Alabama coach Nick Saban for "Mr. Happy," but then he was far from being down about Wednesday's results, no matter what was being said on sports talk radio and Internet message boards around the outside world.

"Is there anybody ever in college football that didn't have a good recruiting class, that they didn't satisfy their needs, and they didn't get somebody that's going to make an impact on the team next year?" Saban asked in his usual, matter-of-fact way.

"I don't want you to think I'm being glib in the way that I manage this. We are pleased with the kind of football players that we were able to attract to come to our school this year."
Video: Breaking down Alabama's recruiting class

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
BamaOnLine.com - Getting a jump on their collegiate careers
University of Alabama quarterback Phillip Sims has a message for everyone back home in Chesapeake: He's fine and not missing the last months at Oscar F. Smith High School at all.

"This is a bigger stage in my life," said Sims, who is already on the Capstone and getting a head start on his collegiate career. "I'm moving on to something more important.

Crimson Surfer

Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
ANDREW BONE: Alabama fills needs with No. 4 recruiting class | TideSports.com
The University of Alabama finished with the No. 4 recruiting class in the country in Scout.com rankings last Wednesday on National Signing Day. The Crimson Tide coaching staff also filled its needs with the class of 2010.

Alabama finished the 2010 class with five National 100 recruits: two (Demarcus Milliner and Phillip Sims) were rated Scout.com five-stars. Alabama's class also included 14 four-star recruits.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.