Very Interesting Local Football Story With An Ironic Twist

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
sip,
I wish my uncle were alive so I could ask him about Jimmy, altho he graduated in the early 50's, he was a die-hard Blue Devil fan until he passed away in 1992. For a small school, Cordova has produced a lot of talent and unfortunately like your uncle, never got an opportunity to play at a higher level. I think the last one that played at Bama was Maurice Belser on the 1992 NC team. Great story :)

Tideup

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 19, 2007
Very good read Sip. That is what I love about this board. Never know what great story from the past that you have never heard of that you might get to hear next. Thanks for sharing. :cool:

Islander

1st Team
Jul 18, 2008
Hoover or Dauphin Island
Dr. Billy Richardson practices General Surgery and Surgery - Other in Jasper, Alabama. Dr. Richardson graduated with an MD 38 years ago.

http://http://www.healthgrades.com/...d-reports/Dr-Billy-Richardson-MD-1FEEAC56.cfm

Hmmm... for him not to be a doctor, sure is some info on the web saying otherwise!!!
Only problem with that is that the "Dr" Richardson, whom I know, is not the same one that played football, whom I also know,-went to school with him- he was a freshman at Alabama in the fall of 1958.

Cannon

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 1, 2004
Hamilton, AL USA
watvc.com
Thank you Islander. While I was referring to the Billy Richardson that played football I did not mention the fact there must be two people with that name. Now perhaps you have straightened it all out.
Billy had a career with I believe Merrill Lynch.

Islander

1st Team
Jul 18, 2008
Hoover or Dauphin Island
Thank you Islander. While I was referring to the Billy Richardson that played football I did not mention the fact there must be two people with that name. Now perhaps you have straightened it all out.
Billy had a career with I believe Merrill Lynch.

That is correct and as a side note, I never heard him called Billy until Coach Bryant started calling him that.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.