Link: ESPN Revises Their 2010 Preseason Top 25 (Alabama Still #1)

jmp343

Oct 18, 2005
Fairhope, AL
I looked up and down that list several times and can't seem to find au. Something must be wrong. At the very least, the best recruiting class
ever in football should get them into the top 25.
Roll Tide!

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I'm most interested in this team, since we have them second week of the season:
22. Penn State Nittany Lions Joe Paterno's 45th season as Penn State's coach will begin with an inexperienced quarterback under center, something JoePa always seems to enjoy. Paterno goes into the 2010 season needing only six victories to reach 400 in his career, and the Nittany Lions should be good enough to reach that milestone.
Defensive coordinator Tom Bradley will have to rebuild his unit after linebackers Navorro Bowman and Sean Lee and tackle Jared Odrick departed. Incoming freshmen Khairi Fortt and Dakota Royer, who enrolled at Penn State in January, might get opportunities to play early. Freshman Kevin Newsome and Matt McGloin will battle for the quarterback job, as will incoming freshman Paul Jones, who enrolled in classes early. The Nittany Lions face three difficult road games this coming season: at Alabama, Iowa and Ohio State.
Sounds like they'll have a freshman QB regardless of who it is.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Interesting poll. I think that Cincy and Ark are a little too high and Penn St a little low. I think that FSU will surprise so folks and Miami will again disappoint. Wow- as soon as i saw this posted I jumped at a chance to read it, gonna be a long offseason. :frown:

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Nebraska has already sold 50,000 tickets for their spring game? They got beef?
I think Alabama will seat BDS to capacity once again, but will have to wait until 2011 A-Day to break Ohio State's record, and re-claim the spring attendance record. However, lots of people will be excited to see "The Statue", as well as the Coaches' Trophy and new starters on defense, and will show up in mass.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Interesting... If this holds we'll only have 4 games on our schedule against top 25 teams (Penn State, @ Arkansas, Florida and @ LSU) which would make this one of the "easier" schedules we've had in the last few years.

NOT saying our sched IS easy... Just predicting what some might say about us in November if we happen to drop a game at some point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
The SEC is not getting much love Alabama the only team in the top 9. I do not believe there are 8 other teams better than Florida of course we are no argument there. I think Arkansas will be real good next year and no way Auburn should not be in the top 25. This may be the year they try to spin the SEC is down to keep us from winning 5 in a row.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
I guess everyone has and opinion I thought this guy was off base, because he didn't consider enough.I guess what I"m trying to say is I think hes wrong on his preseason picks. :BigA:

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
The fact that Arkansas was in this top 25 and Auburn was not is ridiculous IMO.
I think they are giving alot of weight to the fact that Arkansas has an NFL prospect at QB returning next year. Auburn's QB situation right now is up in the air. Although Newton seems to be the one they have penciled in down there, he doesn't have much experience.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
The problem with Mallet is he throws the ball! Just to the wrong ones, If he ever corrects that they would have a chance to move up in the polls. :BigA:

skippy26

Jan 16, 2010
Hokes Bluff
I believe he is right about Arkansas......If you remember, hey had Auburn 34-3 at one point and relaxed a little early...
I put the Hogs at the top of the list of hard games this year....Usually when Bama plays a pro style QB, they perform pretty good.. We will still win but it will be a hard game
As for Auburn being in the Top 25, are you serious, I am not basking them, they did have a good recruting season but they have absolutely no Defense and I do not think the coaches are focused on D like they are O.....
That will be their downfall this year as well....
The good thing for Bama is Penn State and Florida are home games but last year, we played better on the road...We tore most teams up on the road.
Roll Tide and here's to another title in 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:BigA:

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
If Arkansas is going to contend in the West, they better find a defense. This is something I've always questioned about Petrino. Some people talk about what a great coach he is and he does know offense and how to coach QB's, but I've never been impressed with his defenses. If he's going to play in Atlanta and win SEC championships, he's going to have to get much better on the defensive side of the ball.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
It is nice that the balance of power in the SEC has swung to the West. Winning an SEC Championship would mean not only being top in the toughest league in College Football...but the tougher division as well.

As for Arkansas...unless they learn how to stop the run, it's going to be a tough road for them.

Alabama Slammer

Suspended
Jun 6, 2009
Tuscaloosa AL
Intresting they had Nebraska ranked just behind Texas and a few spots ahead of Oklahoma.

I wonder if this will be the year a team from the Big 12 North takes the conference.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.