More NCAA records for Bama

Found this on the internet:

National Records:biggrin:
  • Alabama became the first team in major college football history to defeat the last three previous national champions in the same season (24-15 vs '07 champion LSU, 32-13 vs '08 & '06 champion Florida and 37-21 vs '05 champion Texas ).
  • Alabama became the first team in major college football history to defeat two straight opponents with at least a 12-0 record (defeated 12-0 Florida in SEC title game and 13-0 Texas in BCS title game).
  • Alabama placed six players on the Associated Press All-American first team. That's the most ever selected from one team (previously five by Oklahoma in '87 & '03).
  • Alabama defeated 10 bowl opponents in 2009. That's the most ever recorded in major college football history.

DaleC76

3rd Team
Dec 5, 2006
I haven't looked it up, but I'm pretty sure Alabama is the first team to win a national championship and defeat the teams finishing #2 and #3 in the final poll.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
We're also the only team in history with 12-0, 13-0 and 14-0 seasons.

Also the first team to make Urban Meyer tongue-tied and to send him to the hospital.

crimsonbear

Scout Team
Mar 19, 2001
Alabama became the first team in major college football history to defeat the last three previous national champions in the same season (24-15 vs '07 champion LSU, 32-13 vs '08 & '06 champion Florida and 37-21 vs '05 champion Texas ).
Even though that was three teams, wouldn't that be the last four previous champions...05-Texas, 06-Florida, 07-LSU, 08-Florida.

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
Someone can check me on this, but I believe we matched our own record as being the only team to win 5 straight SEC games in 5 straight weeks.

CATider

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 22, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Found this on the internet:

National Records:biggrin:
  • Alabama defeated 10 bowl opponents in 2009. That's the most ever recorded in major college football history.
More proof that this season was one for the ages. This number would have been higher if we didn't have creampuffs on the schedule.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
More proof that this season was one for the ages. This number would have been higher if we didn't have creampuffs on the schedule.
The indications were there all season long.

Think back to EVERY game where it appeared there would be a rain out.

In EVERY instance, the major rain stopped at some point just before kickoff. I think there were at least 3 games that way. In at least 2 that I remember, the rains started back right after the games were over.

Tell ME the football Gods weren't looking out for Bama this year!!!!!

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Funny thing is it didn't feel as amazing as it was until December. Maybe it never does until you've actually won it all. I only have vivid memories of '92 and it didn't then either.
I know this: I was expecting 2010 to be better than 2009: Sr. QB, 4th year of the Process, more depth, etc. The pessimist in me (& coach Saban) worries about DBs and kicking and such, but each year Saban seems to turn the negatives into positives and going into this year there are the fewest negatives to date.

I guess what I'm saying is I really like our chances against San Jose State!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.