If you didn't pull for your team, what team would you pull for.

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top
Yeah, it is the off season. :)

If I didn't pull for Tennessee I could find myself pulling for.....well, still thinking :).....

I know some teams it wouldn't be (Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn St). I think I could be a Texas or North Carolina fan. I have also found myself checking to see what Boise St has done the last few years. I am also trying to stay away from the SEC.

So, I will go with TX, UNC, or BSU.

It literally took me about 10 minutes of sitting here idle to come up with someone I could really pull for.

CrimsonBeachBum

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Pace, FL (Pensacola metro area)
I'd pull for the Barn. Nah! No way Jose. :biggrin2:

Neither teams are national title caliber, but I always pull for Troy and Southern Miss. My wife is a Southern Miss alum and I took some courses at Troy.

In 'big boy college football', if I wasn't an Alabama fan, I guess I'd pull for GA Tech and Nebraska...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
That is an easy one. If I didn't pull for Alabama, that would mean I was not a fan of the FBS division and I would not be addicted to college football. Therefore I would be a fan of the Ivy League, since IMO, it represents what college football once was and supposed to be, students playing football. Since I was contacted by Dartmouth when I was a senior in high school about playing there, they would be my team.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
Boise St :blush: Always liked 'em, and still think that Fiesta Bowl win over OK was one of the best games I've ever seen.

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
1.) Oklahoma: great tradition, excellent team, very nice fans
2.) Penn State: i'm a big fan of joe paterno

timmer0911

3rd Team
Jan 4, 2005
Mobile, AL
That's an easy one..........Whoevaa was playing AwBarn and/or (sorry VolFan) Tennessee.

As bad as I can't stand USC, I like everything else (except the coach) about their program. Great mascot, great fight song, niiiiice cheerleaders, good tradition, and I even like their uniforms........it's just too bad that ESPN has adopted them as America's Team and I can't stand their coach. I just can't, for the life of me, pull for them now. :frown:

I guess I could pull for Texas, but I'm like GrayTide, I guess I wouldn't be a college football fan!!
:BigA:

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Next year I would pull for, in weekly order:

- Arkansas State
- Mississippi State
- Clemson
- South Carolina
- Louisiana Monroe
- Kentucky
- Arkansas
- LSU
- Ole Miss
- UT-Chattanooga
- Georgia

BigAL413

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Dodson Branch, TN
Vanderbilt, or maybe Georgia.

I live in Tennessee and could never go for UT, and I've got no real issues with UGA. They play Bama's rivals each year, so it would be easy to pull for UGA, IMO.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I tend to shift around with my loyalties, other than to Bama. I guess I tend to lean towards OU. The colors are familiar and they do have decent fans. In fact, having played OU and then UT, there is a wide difference in the fans. I now know who wins that finger-pointing contest...

VolFan1

All-American
Feb 6, 2009
Rocky Top
Fun thread and I like some of the responses.

One question I do have, I noticed a couple of you say you would pull for whoever was playing Auburn or Tennessee. If you wasn't a Bama fan and didn't dislike Auburn and UT for the reasons you don't like them....would you really feel so strongly about pulling against a certain school?

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
1. William & Mary :blush: OK... My daughter went to school there. It's the local school here in Williamsburg.

2. Virginia Tech (Closest to an SEC school in the ACC.)

3. Arkansas (In my working life I did business with their engineering program and spent some time on campus. Gotta' love any team with a hog as its mascot.)

4. LSU (Holdover from childhood fascination with listening to their games on the radio in the 1950's.)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.