If you didn't pull for your team, what team would you pull for.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Ok, I'll try. Probably Kentucky. Bear may have stayed there. ;)

There are other programs I respect and even pull for on occasion. Most of them have been mentioned. Penn State, Nebraska etc.

However, without the tide, I don't know that I would even follow college football nearly as much as I do now. I would probably be more of a casual fan like I am of the NFL.

This is one of those who can possibly know questions. Some of them are fun to contemplate. This one just isn't for me.

OLDTIDE

Scout Team
Oct 20, 1999
Orange Park Fla USA
Outside the SEC,Boise St.Penn St and Oregon. In the SEC, Razorbacks,Dawgs and the Vols,in that order. As an old time Bama fan, I used to pull for Auburn when they were not playing us but the Barners have developed such ugly attitudes, I can't like them anymore.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Well since Florida is my 2nd favorite team behind Bama, I would be a full-time Gators fan. And I guess since I would need a new 2nd favorite team if UF became my #1 team...I would pick Oregon. Also have liked Texas Tech since they gave that heart-breaking loss to Texas last year.

Last edited:

bilbo

Pro Sports Moderator
Oct 13, 1999
Gulf Shores, AL
1) Northwestern- my Mom is an alum
2) Wisconsin- my Sis' team
3) Southern Illinois- my Brother's an alum
4) Penn St- they GET us and our fanbase
5) Oklahoma- see #4 (but seriously- y'all need to get up earlier for gameday!)

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta
Miami, cause that is where I got my graduate degree. Otherwise, my girlfriend is a TCU graduate and my father went to Notre Dame.

Dec 15, 2000
Shellman Georgia
Within the SEC, it would have to be LSU. Who else parties like that on game day?

Outside the SEC, Penn St and Navy. Penn St always kinda reminded me a lttle of Bama (famous coach, plain uniforms, smash-mouth football) and I have attending Happy Valley for a game on my short list. I am a former Marine, and the son of a retired Marine, Navy is the obvious choice, but I have to admit that I pull for the other two Acadamies as well. There is something special about watching these young men singing each others Alma Mata after the game.

Honorable mention would be Ga Tech, Vandy, and Wake.

Other potential teams would be Michigan (Always liked their uniforms and mascot), Nebraska (Who wouldn't like Tom O!), UCLA (Simply because I hate USC that much!), and Texas A&M (12th Man was alwaysa cool concept to me).

Teams that have no chance.
1. Any team that wears orange. This applies to all sports with the exception of the Baltimore Orioles (Cal Ripken did more for baseball than most will ever understand).

2. UGa - These are some of the worst fans I have ever met. They act as if they are entitled to everything Bama has just because they had Herschel back in the early 80s.

3. Notre Dame- 1966. If I had been the writer for "Rudy," I would have changed his name and university!

4. Ohio St- too much hype at the beginning of the season and too much let down at the end.

peteswell4

1st Team
Oct 26, 2005
Rome, GA
Probably Clemson. I would say UGA, but growing up around the fans have made me dislike them. Take away the annoying fans and they would be up there. I really don't dislike Notre Dame that much, but I do hate the ESPN coverage of them, and I did not like Weis or Clausen.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yeah, it is the off season. :)

If I didn't pull for Tennessee I could find myself pulling for.....well, still thinking :).....

I know some teams it wouldn't be (Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn St). I think I could be a Texas or North Carolina fan. I have also found myself checking to see what Boise St has done the last few years. I am also trying to stay away from the SEC.

So, I will go with TX, UNC, or BSU.

It literally took me about 10 minutes of sitting here idle to come up with someone I could really pull for.
Volfan, I must admit that I usually like your posts and respect how well you fit in on a rivals board, but now you say you don't like Penn St. As a UT fan, I assume you don't like Bama, which is strike one, and then you go and insult what I think is the Northern version of Bama in Penn St., which is strike two. I think Penn St. and Bama compare favorably to one another, so I have always liked the Nittany Lions pretty well, except, of course, when we got robbed at Happy Valley in the early 80's. Volfan, I do agree with UNC in basketball, though.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Volfan, I must admit that I usually like your posts and respect how well you fit in on a rivals board, but now you say you don't like Penn St. As a UT fan, I assume you don't like Bama, which is strike one, and then you go and insult what I think is the Northern version of Bama in Penn St., which is strike two. I think Penn St. and Bama compare favorably to one another, so I have always liked the Nittany Lions pretty well, except, of course, when we got robbed at Happy Valley in the early 80's. Volfan, I do agree with UNC in basketball, though.

You haven't spent any time obviously around central Pennsylvania. They remember the sugar bowl with Richard Todd leading the way. They firmly believe to this day they had the best team in our NC game. They have been on the short end of a ten year schedule which might explain your delight. They, on the other hand remember the defeats when they had great teams and they were the favorites. They may respect us, I doubt we make their all time favorite second team list.

Not only did we get robbed in arguably the greatest comeback in Bama football history in Happy Valley with Walter Lewis at the helm. But when coach Perkins complained vehemently concerning the referees wrong call and kinship with one of the Penn. St. players, Coach Paterno told him he needed to stop "crying". No, No, it's still game on.

That is the coach and team and Fan Base that is coming to T-Town this season. They travel with class but they want our scalp on a pole. All time second favorite? "Absence must indeed make the heart grow fonder".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.