FSU's Jimbo Fisher is using the Saban approach

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
To come completely clean here. I wanted us to go after him instead of Coach Saban. One of those times I am thankful I was not in charge. :blush:

I do remember being frustrated when I thought we were going to get Rich Rod, and could have had Jimbo instead.

The guy can coach and recruit. I can see us having a lot more recruiting battles with them when he gets that program running well.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
We're starting to hear more and more about coaches who learned from Saban -- Fisher, Muschamp, Dickey to name just a few. I think we'll see this trend continue. Much like the Coach Bryant "disciples" who went on to be very good head coaches.

herri026

2nd Team
Apr 17, 2008
Birmingham
I never really jumped on the CJF bandwagon. Even when people were swooning over him--I just haven't seen anything that special yet. I think LSU's offensive prowess during those years was due more to raw talent and us being so far down than anything.

That being said, he's saying all the right things, and I do believe it's the process that matters most, so I could be wrong.

Either way it's funny to have a story from their hometown website basically saying "Rest easy folks, this guy is like Nick Saban." Haha, so satisfying. They all wanna be just like us now.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
I never really jumped on the CJF bandwagon. Even when people were swooning over him--I just haven't seen anything that special yet. I think LSU's offensive prowess during those years was due more to raw talent and us being so far down than anything.
I couldn't agree with you more.

My prediction all along has been that Fisher will be a flop at F$U. It will be interesting to see how things go in Tallahassee the next three or four years.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I couldn't agree with you more.

My prediction all along has been that Fisher will be a flop at F$U. It will be interesting to see how things go in Tallahassee the next three or four years.
Once again I am in agreement with you bryan. Fisher and Dickey can talk the talk but must walk the walk. If I had to pick which one would be around 5 years from now it would be Dickey.

OLDTIDE

Scout Team
Oct 20, 1999
Orange Park Fla USA
I have several FSU Alum as friends and they are all very High on Jimbo. They think he will be a success because Of the Saban influence. Most FSU fans would love to get another game or series with Bama. Most of the FSU fans I know are big Bama fans as well And feel a series between the schools would be big for college football. The Jacksonville boosters tell me Jimbo would love to play us. I wonder how Coach Saban feels.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Mack Brown promises a stronger running game.

Urban Legend has a breakdown because (1) he's losing his prize pupil, and (2) his fundamental philosophy is getting unmasked by slobberknocking fundamentals.

Dooley the younger is imitating Saban's ways, and the Volnation is soiling their underwear over it.

Jimbo Fisher promises to imitate Saban's ways, and all of Florida stands still to listen to how it will be.

Amazing how, just three years after taking the job ESPN labelled impossible, that the SEC was hoping would be a death by fan base, that most newspapers outside of Alabama ridiculed for drawing 90+ thousand for a spring game, the college football world is using us as a measuring stick.

The world will is back on its axis.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Just another 'Student' following the example set by the 'Teacher'.

Jimbo Fisher will be successful as soon as he changes the Bowden culture.
CBB was the ultimate 'Good Ole Boy' and taught 'Win at any cost' football.

If 'Free Shoes University' will give Fisher the time and backing, they can again become Florida State University.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.