BBQ Spread

BigTex

All-SEC
Sep 19, 2002
Spring, Texas
Tryed something new with left over smoked brisket and pork loin. Chopped it up and then put the chunks into a food processor. Added bbq sauce , tobasco ..etc...etc...etc. Ran the processor till it made a spread. Covered it with cheese and baked it. We made sandwhichs with it . Passed the kid test. They both loved it. Next time I will try it as a meatloaf and see what happens.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I had a guy who worked for me (yeah another work story lol) who would come in every morning a bit early to drink a cup of coffee and eat his breakfast sandwich he brought from home. After a couple of weeks I asked him what was on the sandwich and he said peanut butter, bacon and ground up roast beef. They also put left over beef in a food processor for his morning sandwich. It still sounds like an ugly sandwich lol. Personally I tried the food processor instead of pulling the meat or chopping it to make bbq sandwiches and didnt like the texture. I like the leftover brisket chopped or pulled then mixed with a good bit of bbq sauce to make something like a sloppy joe.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I can see where kids would love it with the cheese. Might could play around with this and make a heck of an appetizer similar to shrimp toast.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Matt its good to see someone else putting forth an effort to make a good presentation even when fixing themselves a snack. ;)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.