Link: Tide safety Robby Green declared ineligible for 2010 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
Here is today's statement from Tide coach Nick Saban.

"Even though we are very disappointed we will continue to support Robby in every way possible. He'll practice and do all the other things with our team in terms of classes and workouts, but just won't be eligible to play in any games this fall. His attitude has been outstanding through this and his effort in practice has been very good as well. Even if he isn't playing, he can still have a significant impact on our team by helping out the younger players in the secondary and competing against the offense to make them better. We look forward to having Robby back on the field next fall for his senior season."
Tide safety Robby Green declared ineligible for 2010 season | al.com

:frown:

Last edited:

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
This is disappointing, but not a big surprise. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes and turn this negative into a positive.

Who starts now? Rod Woodson?
Posted via Mobile Device

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I never held out much hope that he'd be eligible. I hope it sinks to him just what an opportunity he blew with our needs in the secondary. Next year it will probably be much harder to get PT with all the talented young'uns who will have gained valuable experience.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I dunno what the transgression was; but if ineligibility for next year was an NCAA option, it's a no-brainer that they'd pick that option.

Hope he successfully deals with whatever the issue is and can come back for 2011.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
You can't redshirt if you've been declared ineligible. We learned about that from the J. Harris case this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.