what was the most stressful bama game(s) youve ever attended?

ecra-joe

1st Team
Dec 16, 2006
I was watching youtube clips of this past seasons tenn game and I remembered just how stressful it was to be there. I bought a student upgrade ticket from a friend who still goes there and was all ready to have the time of my life and that game almost killed me. During halftime a friend of mine was handing out xanax. And it seemed natural. Everyone was on edge. Then ofcourse at the end everyone went nuts and the hugging of strangers began.
(On a side note I refuse to sit anywhere but the student section.)
Also the Ala vs USC game when Spencer and Marc guillion threw 500 pics was bad. I stayed the whole game. Wanted to jump off the top of the stadium
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

TideSatchel

Scout Team
Mar 4, 2008
Without question the Iron Bowl this year. I've had a pretty weak track record over the past decade or so when it comes to seeing dramatic games in person. I've seen many a blow out in our favor during that time, and a couple not in our favor as well.

But man, that Iron Bowl this year. In Auburn. Surrounded by Barners. Trailing pretty much the whole game. I felt like I was gonna throw up after their on-side kick in the first quarter. Then I was sure we were in good shape once we scored a couple TD's. Then Darvin Adams got free on that double move early in the second half and I felt like I was gonna throw up again. It was painful.

Then we scored in the last two minutes. It has been years since I have felt such exhilaration at a live sporting event. (I was at the Francisco Cabrera - Sid Bream NLCS legndary Braves game, and also Elliot Washington's 3 pointer to give us the upset win over a loaded Arkansas in an SEC basketball tournament early in the 90's. Those are the only moments that compare in my eyes, and those weren't football games.) I almost cried I was so happy. And don't let the Barners exaggerate the applause they gave their team as they left the field that day or the moral victory they've so often referred to since. While the student section applauded, I was surrounded by grown men cussing in front of their children, and yes, crying. Nothing better than seeing a grown Barner crying in disappointment over a football game. Especially the one who had been aggressively turning around and gloating to me and my friend starting in the first quarter. He was definitely on the receiving end of an enthusiastic "ROLL TIDE!" as he left his seat the instant Upchurch crossed the goal line. It was epic, my friends.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Without question the Iron Bowl this year. I've had a pretty weak track record over the past decade or so when it comes to seeing dramatic games in person. I've seen many a blow out in our favor during that time, and a couple not in our favor as well.

But man, that Iron Bowl this year. In Auburn. Surrounded by Barners. Trailing pretty much the whole game. I felt like I was gonna throw up after their on-side kick in the first quarter. Then I was sure we were in good shape once we scored a couple TD's. Then Darvin Adams got free on that double move early in the second half and I felt like I was gonna throw up again. It was painful.

Then we scored in the last two minutes. It has been years since I have felt such exhilaration at a live sporting event. (I was at the Francisco Cabrera - Sid Bream NLCS legndary Braves game, and also Elliot Washington's 3 pointer to give us the upset win over a loaded Arkansas in an SEC basketball tournament early in the 90's. Those are the only moments that compare in my eyes, and those weren't football games.) I almost cried I was so happy. And don't let the Barners exaggerate the applause they gave their team as they left the field that day or the moral victory they've so often referred to since. While the student section applauded, I was surrounded by grown men cussing in front of their children, and yes, crying. Nothing better than seeing a grown Barner crying in disappointment over a football game. Especially the one who had been aggressively turning around and gloating to me and my friend starting in the first quarter. He was definitely on the receiving end of an enthusiastic "ROLL TIDE!" as he left his seat the instant Upchurch crossed the goal line. It was epic, my friends.
I'd love to see some of the cell phone movies fans made from that. I've seen several of the Rocky Block and Tebow Tears, and the last minute drive Vs Arkansas a few years ago. Anyone got any Youtube links?

To answer the question,, grated I haven't been to a whole lot of games. but the most stressful I've attended was the loss to LaTech in 99. It was a long ride home.

ecra-joe

1st Team
Dec 16, 2006
Oh god, I had blocked that la tech game from my memory. Yeah that would have been awful.

I can't imagine how bad that auburn crowd woulda been. I was not a pleasant person to be around for 95% of that game
Posted via Mobile Device

37bamagrl

All-American
May 6, 2003
Foley, AL
'05 UT game....'09 UT game...5OT UT game, 4th and what, 21 (edit: that's right, it was 19):mad2:....

i'm sensing a theme.....

i was at that la tech game, and it was just more sickening than stressful.

Last edited:

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
For games seen in person...

1) The Bama-Ole Miss shootout between Archie Manning and Scott Hunter. Probably around the late 1960's or thereabouts.

2) 1961 Sugar Bowl - Bama & Arkansas.

OK... My track record for seeing games in person isn't very good these past few years.
:pDT_kap:

TidePrideGA

All-American
Dec 6, 1999
Athens GA
1993 tennessee game, my freshman year at UA. That was a wild one. The 08 game at UGA I thought was going to be stressful boy was i wrong on that one:biggrin:

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Most stressful game I have ever attended has to be the SECCG in 1994. Great game- ended up on the losing end of that one (one point) but, man what a game. Spurrier lining his guys up in that funky formation did us in there at the end. If I had to pick a second one- it would be PSU in 1989. I would probably pick this one first if I had been a little older at the time- I was 13 yrs old. I do recall praying and getting extremely nervous when they lined up for that 18 yarder! Awesome feeling after that one.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
2003 Alabama-Tennessee...

From 4th and 19 to five overtimes, it was incredibly stressful and heartbreaking.
Heck, one could pick almost any game from that year. :mad2:

I was at Arkansas and N Illinois. Both sucked. We were going crazy at halftime of that Arkansas game after dodging the rain storm in the tunnel. Thought it was going to be 2001 or 2002 all over again. Not so much...

2005 S Miss was more stressful than it should have been for a good portion of the game.

ecra-joe

1st Team
Dec 16, 2006
Yeah the 05 tenn and lsu games were both intense. I was a little stressed for tenn but I just felt we were gonna pull it out. The lsu game is something I still don't like to talk about. False start full back. I think I got alcohol poisoning that night. I was beyond depressed
Posted via Mobile Device

37bamagrl

All-American
May 6, 2003
Foley, AL
But really the most stressed I have EVER been for a ballgame, was this past SEC Championship game - nothing to do with how the game went - but the night before and hours leading up to it - i was a wreck :)

even more so than for the bcs - i was in California, too distracted....

randytidmore

Sep 26, 2008
2007 Arkansas Razorback game, it was a home game, may have been Sabans first SEC home game that year, my throat gets sore just thinking about it

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
LSU in BDS, when we made Rohan Davey look like Bart Starr. He threw for 500+ yards, w/ Reed catching something like 300 yards of passes, most of which were 8-yard outs that my son & I up in the stands covered as well as our DBs did that day...

Or, the Sugar Bowl after the 89 season (I believe) when we lost to Miami. On the *huge* plus side, I also got to go to the 93 one which had a much more pleasant result...:biggrin2:

exiled

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.