Smokin' a Pork Shoulder tonight

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Quite on the home front tonight with just the dog, with the wife and daughter gone. I've been smokin' a pork shoulder for a couple of hours now while drinking some cold beer on an awesome spring night in North Alabama. Will enjoy this tomorrow with some bourbon based baked beans, fried potato salad, jalapeno cole slaw and texas toast while watching the final round of the Masters

Wish I was in Martinique.:)

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Quite on the home front tonight with just the dog, with the wife and daughter gone. I've been smokin' a pork shoulder for a couple of hours now while drinking some cold beer on an awesome spring night in North Alabama. Will enjoy this tomorrow with some bourbon based baked beans, fried potato salad, jalapeno cole slaw and texas toast while watching the final round of the Masters

Wish I was in Martinique.:)
Hey Bamagoose, I'll have my smoker going tommorrow with some rib tips,my famous baked beans, while watching the race I recorded saturday night in Phoenix. Hate the pollen, love the great spring weather here in the bluegrass! RTR!!!!!!!!

I'm enjoyin the beer...no smoker goin tonite though...think I may throw somethin on the grill tomorrow for Sunday at the Masters...hope Lefty pulls through.

--Elaborate on this Fried Potato Salad for me...that sounds amazing...i've pulled off grilled potato salad before, but never tried fried.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
I might give that a try today...sounds good
It is really good.
BayouTider had mentioned capers before in a previous thread and I noticed the fried potato salad had them in there so I was curious and went and bought some in the condiment isle in the grocery store. Salad was different than anything before but was really good.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
The fried potato salad left me scratching my head till I read the recipe and it doesn't sound bad at all. My doctor would wince but it sounds good. I haven't fired up the grill in over a week so I'm past due. Hope that shoulder comes out great I guess its on the BGE.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
The fried potato salad left me scratching my head till I read the recipe and it doesn't sound bad at all. My doctor would wince but it sounds good. I haven't fired up the grill in over a week so I'm past due. Hope that shoulder comes out great I guess its on the BGE.
The shoulder turned out good but I loved my baby backs the best. They were the most tender yet I have cooked on the BGE.

Last edited:

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
I'm lovin' anything off the smoker! We actually have to replace our regular grill this year -- the old one died on us!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.