"Left Behind" Series

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Has anyone read any of the books from the "Left Behind" series written by Tim LaHay? I was just curious what others thought of it.

I'm about a third of the way through the eighth book, "The Mark", and have really enjoyed the whole series.

bobstod

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Magnolia Springs, AL. USA
Hey DPF! Now that you've got our curiosity up, how about some more info on this series? I've never heard of it.

What is the setting? Genre? Time period? Tone? Comparable books?

We need DATA, man!!!

------------------
ALABAMA: Tradition; Class; A name to respect in College Football

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Bobstod - It's a fictional series based on the book of Revelations. There are six main characters and it follows their attempts at eluding the Anti-Christ during the seven year Tribulation.

------------------
Roll Tide Roll!

www.katysports.net
www.houstonprepsports.com

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I've read the first 3 parts of the series, and I think it's an interesting look at the prophecies in the Book of Revelation. Christians will find the books especially informative, but even others ought to find something to chew on and think about.

My gripe with the series is that the writing is about 6th grade level, and the story and dialog rapidly become simplistic and contrived. For this reason, I enjoyed the second book less than the first, and the third even less than that. Still, I'd recommend checking it out to see what you think.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
BamaP - Yep, us good ole fundamentalists...Thank God for us, otherwise, there wouldn't be a United States of America to discuss books of varying types.

I'm reading another one, that you may like better...The Junction Boys.

Also, I finished Grisham's "The Brethren".

After the Junction Boys I'll start reading a book "Death From Above" by Len Horowitz, a non-fictional about contrails, the west nile virus and other releases that our government is either in the know or responsible for.

I'll let you know how that one reads. Also, read "The China Threat"...another great book about how Communist China is infiltrating the United States through semi-legit biz ventures to steal commercial and military technology. Another good read.

a dixie chic

Feb 22, 2000
Birmingham, Alabama
Wow. I wasn't even aware of this BookEnds board until today. I thought, "I'll go check it out and see if anyone has anything posted about the Left Behind Series." I'm happy to see that you do.

I just started reading the series this summer after hearing a few guys I work with talk about it. I am about 2/3 of the way through the fifth book, Apollyon. I read in order to relax, so I don't mind the elementary dialogue, I suppose. I do think this series takes a good stab at how things will be post-rapture. I am reading Revelation along with the books. It's funny how all that symbolism in Revelation makes so much more sense while reading these books. Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins must have done lots of research in order to write these books.

Can someone tell me how many books are in the series total? I know at least 8 and I only have access to 7 of the books so far - I was lucky enough to be able to borrow them from a friend.

By the way, Roll Tide, Beat UCLA on Saturday!

BamaMedic

Jun 25, 2000
Northport, AL, USA
The ninth book is due out in a month or two.

I have really enjoyed the series even though the last two books have only coved a cumulative six days. I hope that in the new book the authors will be back on track to finish the series out.

DenverBamaFan

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 19, 2001
Frederick, MD. USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bamaphilosopher:
bobstod...Trust me, you wouldn't like them. They're by and for fundamentalists. </font>
BP,

Did you read the series or is your opinion based on speculation?

It is fiction set in the time of the biblical rapture and I don't think you have to be a fundamentalist to appreciate the human interest and suspense the stories provide.

Denver

Dec 7, 2001
Eglin AFB, Fl
I just finished reading The Mark and I'll most likely go out and buy Desecration tonight. I think it is a great series, written so that anyone can read the books.
I agree with a dixie chic, that these books make the Revelations make a lot more sense.
I would highly suggest these books to anyone.

ROLL TIDE!!

bamajohnny

Oct 13, 2001
alabama
I've read all nine books and enjoyed them. Some say that they have too much fluff but I think they are good reading. As for the "fundamentalists" remark, if a fundamentalist is someone that believes that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant word of God and that all scripture is God-breathed and useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work(2 Timothy 3:16-17), then count me in. The Bible can not be picked through and certain scriptures deleted. If so, which ones?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.