New Recipes

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I got several new cookbooks in the mail so I will try to put some new recipes up for you guys to play with. The forum is getting a bit dead so lets get busy livening it up. :)

Thank you! The board has been dead as a popcorn poot. I was hoping that after football season it would flare up...but so far, no go :conf2:

BTW, tonight I made a very nice beer butt chicken using some Rocket City Country spices (found in Huntsville on Meridian Street) and some Sam Adams Cranberry Beer....:wink:. Corn bread, home-made Mac & cheese and some primo green peas with onion, butter, and Jane's Mix-It_Up Seasoning. There was nothing left but smiles. :smile:.

Let's get the board rolling!

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Tonight we had whole wheat spaghetti with meat and mushroom sauce and eggplant roll ups with tomato sauce as a side dish. The eggplant roll ups were good and there is room for some twists to the recipe to find their way in. I will put the egg plant recipe on the recipe forum as soon as I get time. Fans of Veal and Eggplant Parmigiana will like this.

Honden

1st Team
Jun 13, 2009
The missus found a few whole chickens on sale in the 3 1/2 pound range and told me to do something with them.

So , I made up a brine with sugar, kosher salt and threw some paprika and rosemary sprigs in.

Brined the chickens for about 4 hours, dried them off, and sprinkled some lemon pepper seasoning on them.

Smoked them with hickory for around 2 - 2 1/2 hours ( until the internal temp came up to about 170 ) Let em rest for a bit ( the internal temp will continue to rise some )

There was nothing left, not even for a nice snack the next day.

The skin of smoked chicken tends to be rubbery instead of crispy. Something I would like to remedy.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
If you would like crispy skin try rubbing with olive oil, butter or cooking oil. This also gives a good foundation to add more seasoning outside like rosemary. Working soft butter under the skin, not as hard as it sounds, will also crisp the skin.

Almost forgot to add you will have to get the temp up to around 350-375 long enough to crisp the skin.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.