Things I like to eat raw

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I could exclude fruit since most of it is eaten raw.
Here is my list which may expand as I think of things I cant this morning.

Green beans - yes I am guilty of chewing on a few as I prepare them for cooking
Cabbage - in slaw but the cabbage core that most people toss in the garbage sprinkled with a bit of salt is so good.
yellow summer squash used just like cucumber in a salad or sliced on a raw veg platter with some ranch dip.
Oysters - nothing compares to the fresh clean taste of a raw oyster. I can't imagine the first person to break open that rock and eat the slime inside but thank god he did.
Fish - not all of them but most fish when fresh can be eaten raw and you can develop a taste for it. I like tuna and salmon best.
Clams. Mussels, Scallops are just like oysters and of the three the clam is the one I like the least.
Fish eggs & sea urchin roe - I'm not a big caviar eater but every once in a while its ok

Honden

1st Team
Jun 13, 2009
Does "rare" beef count?

I just feel that different cuts of beef have their own unique taste. Some of that taste is ruined or perhaps changed by over cooking ( as well as by using that horrid condiment commonly sold as "steak sauce". )

Sprinkle on your choice of herbs and or spices, Throw that sucker on a hot grill, take a swig or two of a nice cold adult beverage, flip it and take it off in a minute or two. Let it rest

nom nom nom

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Does "rare" beef count?

I just feel that different cuts of beef have their own unique taste. Some of that taste is ruined or perhaps changed by over cooking ( as well as by using that horrid condiment commonly sold as "steak sauce". )

Sprinkle on your choice of herbs and or spices, Throw that sucker on a hot grill, take a swig or two of a nice cold adult beverage, flip it and take it off in a minute or two. Let it rest

nom nom nom
I can eat thin sliced beef raw if it has been marinated in something adding some flavor I can also stomach steak tartar

I

It's On A Slab

I know someone who would eat ground hamburger meat (ground beef) before it would get to the skillet. A woman. O.O
Knowing what we know about contamination in meat-packing plants, she won't be of this Earth terribly long if she's eating raw ground beef. :eek:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.