The Hot Dog Party

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Dadgummit I'm not giving up on this hot dog thing. My son said he is having his own birthday party and will be serving hot dogs and beer.

Hebrew National Dogs

Bacon wrapped Hebrew National Dogs

Johnsonville Beef Brats

Condiments - mustard, ketchup, pickle relish, sauerkraut, raw diced onion, grilled onions, mayonnaise, pickled jalapeno, cheese (the stuff that comes out of a squirt can), chili.

The new and improved hot dog chili recipe.

1 lb ground beef, 1 package taco seasoning, 3/4 cup water, 1 med onion diced. Brown the meat and onion together breaking up the meat as you go. Add the taco seasoning and blend into the meat and onion then add the water. Move meat mixture into a pot with sides taller than a skillet and add ketchup and mustard 4:1 ratio. Use a hand mixer to further break up the meat and add more ketchup and mustard as needed. Adjust seasoning, I tend to add more chili powder and cayenne.

Serve with chips.

pcolatide

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2004
Snug Harbor, Florida
I'll have to try your hotdog sauce. I've been on a quest most of my life for the better hot dog sauce. In my youth I used to go to a hole in the wall place that set the standard. The owner was a crippled and sickly man and a one man operation. He died young taking to his grave a secret that would have made him a rich man- the recipe for his sauce.
Someone sent me a recipe yesterday for an old DQ (drive In days)sauce which is pretty good but I managed to screw it up by using chili sauce containing brown sugar and adding brown sugar with a result of it being too sweet.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I'll have to try your hotdog sauce. I've been on a quest most of my life for the better hot dog sauce. In my youth I used to go to a hole in the wall place that set the standard. The owner was a crippled and sickly man and a one man operation. He died young taking to his grave a secret that would have made him a rich man- the recipe for his sauce.
Someone sent me a recipe yesterday for an old DQ (drive In days)sauce which is pretty good but I managed to screw it up by using chili sauce containing brown sugar and adding brown sugar with a result of it being too sweet.
For me it was finding a way to get the texture just right and I had to use machinery to do it. Just breaking the meat up with a spoon wasn't giving me the results I desired. After getting the meat pulverized it wasn't that hard to make the sauce. I looked at dozens of recipes and most were ketchup with a dab of mustard and spices.

aden

Suspended
Jan 30, 2005
citronelle ala
have you tried cooking the hamburger in the water , I think it would help braek up the meat and you could pour the water off and also most of the grease.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
have you tried cooking the hamburger in the water , I think it would help braek up the meat and you could pour the water off and also most of the grease.
Yep in fact many of the taco seasoning packs say to add water. I used to think it was to make some kind of sauce or gravy but later found out it was to break up the meat more. The food processor, mixer, blender method seems to work better for me and I still add some water when I cook the meat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.