Duke game: Who's going?

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
My father and I are flying out of Mobile into Raleigh Friday and staying at The Hilton Durham. Should be a great weekend and we hope to watch GT-UNC also that day. Who else is going and where are y'all staying? Thanks for your replies!

We'll be sitting in Section 25 Row S

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
FYI, Southwest has some great prices flying out of Birmingham Friday into Raleigh/Durham

And if you go, wear CRIMSON even though we are the away team. Duke is blue/white and we want to cover that stadium in Crimson

Last edited:

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia
I like the Crimson idea.

I will be going with my sister her husband and their son. Driving from Richmond, its only a 3 hour drive.

Will be seating in general admission.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I'm hoping to make it too. I need to go ahead and get on the ball about getting a ticket. I also hope to make the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers concert that night in Raleigh. Alabama football and classic rock, these are two of my favorite things. :biggrin:

I also have relatives all over the Research Triangle (in Raleigh and in Durham--as well as Wake Forest, not to be confused with the Winston-Salem university of the same name) so finding a place to stay shouldn't be an issue for me.

I haven't secured plans yet, that'll likely be a last minute thing, at least as far as travel plans go. The other things I can sell/transfer easily (game ticket, concert ticket, etc.).

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
Duke's stadium holds 33,941. I believe Alabama was allotted 4,000 tickets. How many fans do you think we'll have? I'm guessing 12,000.

We had over 30,000 in Nashville a few years ago.

Swanny

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2004
Since I live approx 20 min. away from Dook, me and my family will be there in full force. I know of at least a half dozen local Alabama fans will be there as well. I like the Crimson idea.

BigOaf

Scout Team
Oct 1, 2005
Sanford, NC
I'll be there with the wife and our two kids, we are only about 45 mins from there and did the season ticket thing also - will be decked out in crimson :cool:

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
We're traveling from Fredericksburg, four hours, and taking my dad for his 78th birthday, which is the day before. We bought 8 season tickets for the game. Hope to sell the Miami game to make up the cost.

kfo9494

Suspended
Jun 19, 2001
Gadsden, Alabama
Hope we have a great crowd- but count me out. I went to a game about eight years ago at Wallace Wade Stadium. It reminds me of Oneonta High school football stadium. The differences are Wallace Wade has wrap around seating in one end zone and Oneonta has more football atmophere.
I'll be pulling for the Tide but I am saving my money for Knoxville and Drunken Rouge trips.

Last edited:

CrimsonKnox

Jan 17, 2007
I ordered 4 tickets from Stubhub. We're driving to Greensboro and staying with my brother and sister-in-law that weekend. The four of us will load up from there and drive over to the game that Saturday. Anyone know about places to eat or "celebrate" after the game?

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Going with Duke fans...they are already making excuses as to why the game would not be played in Charlotte. IMHO, Duke lost a chance to make a ton of money and gain fans/prestige in a sport where they have little.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.