Duke game: Who's going?

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I would like to go just to give me an excuse to check out that area. But, I gotta land a job before I can make those kind of plans. A couple of my friends and I have talked about doing it assuming we land jobs.

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia
Going with Duke fans...they are already making excuses as to why the game would not be played in Charlotte. IMHO, Duke lost a chance to make a ton of money and gain fans/prestige in a sport where they have little.

Does it have anything to do with the fact that a game in Charlotte would have been about 60-70% Bama fans? Not really a "home" game for them.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Driving down from Williamsburg. We'll be staying with friends in Raleigh. They're a TN grad & a Wyoming grad and will go to the game with us. General admission end zone area. I'm hopeful I can get 'em in crimson just for the game. :)

Luvubama

All-SEC
May 26, 2008
Charlotte NC
What's the general range of ticket prices on Stub Hub for this game. It's probably cheaper to buy Duke season tickets. It is a high school stadium but still would be a good weekend to see the Tide play. Someone asked me if I'd "really want to see a 78-0 game". I said of course!

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
Only bad thing about general admission tickets are once you move, your spot is gone. At Duke there aren't many fans so it's not a big deal. This game will be packed and you can leave at halftime and re-enter. I would buy regular seats just to avoid the hassle of keeping your seat

Does it have anything to do with the fact that a game in Charlotte would have been about 60-70% Bama fans? Not really a "home" game for them.
From what has been seen from the Bama nation so far it is going to be 60-70% Bama majority/home game in Durham regardless anyways so it really doesn't matter where they want the game to be played. Thats ok because Bama will be happy to kick cutcliffe and the blue devils rears anywhere they want the carnage to take place.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Myself,the wife, the son,son in law, and daughter will be there fm fredericksburg va. First Bama game after being a fan since the sixties. Can't wait.
Posted via Mobile Device

TidefaninVA

1st Team
Jul 11, 2003
Powhatan, Virginia
I like the Crimson idea.

I will be going with my sister her husband and their son. Driving from Richmond, its only a 3 hour drive.

Will be seating in general admission.
We're heading down from Powhatan. My wife and 6 year old son (his first Bama game), as well as my father-in-law and uncle. We're sitting in general admission as well.

We can't decide what to do for accomodations. If it's an early game, we'd prefer to stay over the night before. But if it was a late game, we'd obviously prefer to stay over after the game. Who knows what the time will be??

We thought about taking the camper down but aren't really sure what type of accomodations there are in the area near campus.

Hokiebama

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2008
Atlanta
Playing in Durham will not be a "home" game either. When Virginia Tech plays at Duke, its like Blacksburg South!

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA

Cannon

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 1, 2004
Hamilton, AL USA
watvc.com
Met a guy at "Bridge on Line" several years back. Have always thought he was Penn State fan but, recently he tells me has been Bama fan since 1966.

He is driving down for the Penn State game and driving back through to see Bama play Duke.
I have emailed quite a bit about Tuscaloosa restaurants and places to see. I certainly hope he has a swell time and meets lots of great Bama Fans.

If some of you guys want to correspond with him, I will be glad to ask if he is receptive.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Was reading some bleacher report comments and USCw was responding about their school being in the rough section of town and one fan was saying that Duke was sure nuff in a rough section, legion field ran thru my mind.

GoBama#1

All-SEC
May 4, 2005
Midlothian, Virginia
We're heading down from Powhatan. My wife and 6 year old son (his first Bama game), as well as my father-in-law and uncle. We're sitting in general admission as well.

We can't decide what to do for accomodations. If it's an early game, we'd prefer to stay over the night before. But if it was a late game, we'd obviously prefer to stay over after the game. Who knows what the time will be??

We thought about taking the camper down but aren't really sure what type of accomodations there are in the area near campus.

I think we are going to play the odds and try to make a day trip of it. Three or so hours down, three back. Just hope its not a night game. I do not enjoy getting home at 3am.

If it is, that's nothing a few tents and sleeping bags can't solve. I do not think we can afford a hotel, but in a populated area with little game day price hike, it may happen.

NCbamagirl

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 30, 2006
Since we live in Cary (20 minutes from Duke) we bought season tickets. Also bought two tickets for my parents who will be driving up from Enterprise. Can't wait! The local sports shows are already talking about there being more Bama fans than Duke fans at the game.

Durham is a rough town in general, but Duke is a beautiful campus.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
I think we are going to play the odds and try to make a day trip of it. Three or so hours down, three back. Just hope its not a night game. I do not enjoy getting home at 3am.

If it is, that's nothing a few tents and sleeping bags can't solve. I do not think we can afford a hotel, but in a populated area with little game day price hike, it may happen.
Afternoon game: Bama vs Duke 3:30 Eastern carried regionally by ABC.
ACC Now - Game times include late start for Wake | newsobserver.com blogs

Tents & sleeping bags sounds like my kind of road trip. I ordered 4 general admission season tickets, under their family plan. I'll try to sell leftover tickets to other 6 games to recover cost of trip. I was frugalbefore frugal was cool. Might take a cooler wid baloney 'n' light bred fir sammiches. Peanut butter & jelly don't need cooling. Some could mistaken me for a Mississippi State fan. :biggrin: :biggrin2:

I plan to drive up from Slidell for this historic game. I'll stay at least one night en route, at my sister's in the North Gawga Mountains. I made reservations for Fri & Sat nights, before inn keepers got wind of the Crimson invasion. I forget how many stars the hotel was awarded. Who knows? It might be the local hot sheet place with optional hourly rates.
:redface:

Last edited:

TidefaninVA

1st Team
Jul 11, 2003
Powhatan, Virginia

If the time Banjeaux posted holds true (3:30PM EST), a day trip would be entirely possible. Would make for a long day, but the time would be ideal. We could leave our area by 8:00am, be down there before noon for a good 3-4 hours worth of tail-gating, be out of the game and on the road by 8:00PM and home before midnight! I don't really have a burning desire to spend the night in Durham. I'm just worried they will switch the time like the way CBS does using one of their 6 day options or something like that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.