Sauteed Shrimp and Crab Salad

I found a recipe today and decided to alter it a little. Served it for lunch at the restaurant and got rave reviews. Very simple, and very healthy. It is still weird to be cooking healthy food on this diet lol...

Sauteed Shrimp and Crab Salad (makes 4 salads)

Seasoning / Cooking Process

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon Old Bay
1 teaspoon Paprika

Combine all ingredients in zip loc bag and toss to mix. Into the bag, add about 1 1/2 lbs of shrimp (I used 31/40 count, peeled and deveined). Toss to evenly coat

Heat about 5 tablespoons of olive oil on stovetop until almost smoking. Add shrimp into pan in one even layer. At this point, add 1 lb of Crab Meat (I used pasteurized crab claw meat) into the bag and toss to get any leftover seasoning.

Flip shrimp about 1-2 minutes (when 1st side is pink). Add crabmeat and sautee until shrimp are done.

Add 1/4 cup Orange Juice and 1/4 cup orange liquor (I used Triple Sec), turn heat to medium, and cook about 3 more minutes. Remove from heat

Dressing

1/2 cup Lite Mayo
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
5 teaspoons Olive Oil

Combine 1st 4 ingredients and whisk together. Slowly add Olive Oil while whisking so that dressing emuslifies.

Completed Product

Combine 1 lb of roughly chopped Romiane Crowns, some juliene Red Onion, about 1/4 cup low fat Parmasan Cheese, an orange sliced into bite size pieces, and a handful of croutons into a bowl. Add dressing and toss to evenly coat.

This recipe was amazing, and while I dont have an exact calorie count on it, it is very healthy.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I found a recipe today and decided to alter it a little. Served it for lunch at the restaurant and got rave reviews. Very simple, and very healthy. It is still weird to be cooking healthy food on this diet lol...

Sauteed Shrimp and Crab Salad (makes 4 salads)

Seasoning / Cooking Process

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon Old Bay
1 teaspoon Paprika

Combine all ingredients in zip loc bag and toss to mix. Into the bag, add about 1 1/2 lbs of shrimp (I used 31/40 count, peeled and deveined). Toss to evenly coat

Heat about 5 tablespoons of olive oil on stovetop until almost smoking. Add shrimp into pan in one even layer. At this point, add 1 lb of Crab Meat (I used pasteurized crab claw meat) into the bag and toss to get any leftover seasoning.

Flip shrimp about 1-2 minutes (when 1st side is pink). Add crabmeat and sautee until shrimp are done.

Add 1/4 cup Orange Juice and 1/4 cup orange liquor (I used Triple Sec), turn heat to medium, and cook about 3 more minutes. Remove from heat

Dressing

1/2 cup Lite Mayo
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
5 teaspoons Olive Oil

Combine 1st 4 ingredients and whisk together. Slowly add Olive Oil while whisking so that dressing emuslifies.

Completed Product

Combine 1 lb of roughly chopped Romiane Crowns, some juliene Red Onion, about 1/4 cup low fat Parmasan Cheese, an orange sliced into bite size pieces, and a handful of croutons into a bowl. Add dressing and toss to evenly coat.

This recipe was amazing, and while I dont have an exact calorie count on it, it is very healthy.
That sounds delicious. The julienne cut on the red onion is perfect and very thin sliced rings would be pretty good too. You could add a little diced avocado or cucumber and I think the romaine hearts are perfect.

Down here I can buy mayo made with olive oil and it is our preference, nice to see you incorporating it into your mayo as well. :)

I would probably say the hell with low fat and grate some fresh Parmesan Reggiano on top. No more cheese than you are using it's likely not to make any difference except to bump up the taste. I'm not a fan of low fat or imitation cheese. :( lol

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
You could Greek that recipe up for next week by deleting the orange, add some Greek Olives (2-3 per dish), make a vinaigrette from olive oil, red wine vinegar, anchovy paste, oregano and garlic. Add some goat (feta) cheese and garlic croutons to the romaine hearts.

You could Greek that recipe up for next week by deleting the orange, add some Greek Olives (2-3 per dish), make a vinaigrette from olive oil, red wine vinegar, anchovy paste, oregano and garlic. Add some goat (feta) cheese and garlic croutons to the romaine hearts.
That sounds good...maybe delete the Old Bay and use some Cavender's seasoning instead...think I'll try this next week

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.