Question: SEC expansion, conference alignment?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Vandy is the most logical team to move to the west, with Kentucky being next. If the league were to add four teams, I'd think one of the new teams would be a team near the other west teams, say a Louisville perhaps (just an example, not an endorsement). Of course there could be a need to add two teams to the west were Arkansas to be lured away.

Also, I don't favor any SEC expansion plan for the time being... but I especially don't like one that includes Miami. Additionally, Ga Tech willingly left the SEC, and I don't feel the need to have them back. Still no love here for the wreck.

thunderz7

1st Team
Nov 6, 2001
northeast alabama usa
NO Miami.
UF won't stand for it.
Who wants to go nearly to Cuba to play in an empty stadium?
Miami doesn't care about college football, it is not a college football TV market.
anothing is gained with Miami.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
NO Miami.
UF won't stand for it.
Who wants to go nearly to Cuba to play in an empty stadium?
Miami doesn't care about college football, it is not a college football TV market.
anothing is gained with Miami.
UF only has one vote and it takes 9 out of 12 to pass something.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
UF only has one vote and it takes 9 out of 12 to pass something.
You can almost bank on this: Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina will agree with one another to vote as a block against FSU, Miami, Clemson, and Ga Tech. The SEC doesn't accomplish anything by adding any of those schools anyway -- no expansion of TV markets, and just more mouths to feed from the same pie.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Texas will not come into the SEC. They're used to being THE big dog and wouldn't like the competition. TAMU on the other hand, I could see making the move for various reasons.

Hokiebama

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 3, 2008
Atlanta
As for raiding the ACC, Tobacco road Wake, Duke, NC and NCSU will never split. Miami is not interested. Ga Tech adds nothing as the SEC owns Atlanta. Now think about the state of Virginia (11th in population) and Va Tech owns the state and our largest alumni group which is Northern Virginia and that my friend is the DC Tv market. VT just knocked Maryland off the major DC radio station for sports marketing!

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
As for raiding the ACC, Tobacco road Wake, Duke, NC and NCSU will never split. Miami is not interested. Ga Tech adds nothing as the SEC owns Atlanta. Now think about the state of Virginia (11th in population) and Va Tech owns the state and our largest alumni group which is Northern Virginia and that my friend is the DC Tv market. VT just knocked Maryland off the major DC radio station for sports marketing!
Aside from getting into Texas (which doesn't seem all that likely at the moment) I believe getting Virginia and/or Virginia Tech (more than likely Tech) is one of the main goals for the SEC in expansion.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
VT is definetly the strongest TV pulling program on that side of the conference that could be available.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.