Question: 4* CB Chris Jones?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
They might have a point though. If they know he really likes Bama, they might not want to waste their time in a battle they'd likely lose.
They are partially right, and I think you nailed it. No use wasting scarce resources chasing the impossible.

That whole garb about Chizik wanting tall corners as the justification, of course, is preposterous. Besides, even if that was true (which it's not), Jones is 6'0... why in the world would you stop recruiting a kid because he was, at most, one inch shorter? 6'0 is a big kid for a cornerback. Delusions tend to weave such tangled webs...

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
They are partially right, and I think you nailed it. No use wasting scarce resources chasing the impossible.

That whole garb about Chizik wanting tall corners as the justification, of course, is preposterous. Besides, even if that was true (which it's not), Jones is 6'0... why in the world would you stop recruiting a kid because he was, at most, one inch shorter? 6'0 is a big kid for a cornerback. Delusions tend to weave such tangled webs...
Exactly!! these barners really lead sad lives in their delusional world.

just the usual case of sour grapes to losing another top in-state prospect to big brother... :biggrin:

S.N.A.S.S

VegasTide

All-SEC
Dec 18, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Come on, now, think about it. You're a lifelong 'Bama fan... wouldn't you drop Auburn like a rock when 'Bama and other top programs came calling?
Then, IMO, that would fall under 'playing the recruiting game' to even put AU up there in the first place. All I'm saying is #1 to last behind about 7-8 other programs... seems like there's more to the story. In my defense (or lack thereof), I tend to read into these things too much at times. If AU saw the writing on the wall and gave him minimal love almost immediately (as others have stated), then that would make a bit more sense.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

yesitsmed23

1st Team
Aug 28, 2008
Huntsville, AL
looks like the barn is out of the picture......

Alabama DB Jones narrows list down to four : Lindys Sports
At 5-11, 185, the defensive back already has offers from Auburn, Southern Miss, Florida, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, Clemson, Ole Miss, UCLA, Texas A&M, Iowa, Louisville and Georgia Tech, and just recently picked up an offer from Alabama as well. There were rumors several months back about Jones pulling the trigger early and committing to Auburn, but Christion put that gossip to rest by naming his top 4 — and the Tigers weren’t on it.

“I’m still going to give Auburn some consideration, but from now until the end of football season I will give most of my attention to Alabama, Notre Dame, Tennessee, and Florida. I have visited all of those four schools this summer, and they are the ones I will take my official visits to in the fall,” Jones said.

Jones on Alabama:

“The number one reason I like Alabama is Coach Nick Saban. Playing for him would give me a chance to improve my man coverage and maximize my potential. Playing for UA would probably be my best chance at getting to the NFL. I play DB and he coaches the DBs at Alabama. He has the experience of putting people in the league and graduating his players. He is a great guy with a lot of character.

“Coach [Jeremy] Pruitt would be my position coach. He's smart and he knows how to break their terminology down so I can understand it. I think the entire staff at Alabama is very good. Coach Sal [Sunseri] is recruiting me and we have a great relationship. The coaches talk to me about coming in as a corner. I love the campus in Tuscaloosa — it’s probably my favorite campus. And I grew up a Tide fan. Alabama may not have much experience in their defensive backfield, but they are stacked at that position. I believe I have the talent to come in and play fairly early.”

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.