What are you reading right now (II)?

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Bodhi, it looks like you've been working your way through the classics. There are a few I re-read every 10 years or so. It's interesting to see how my perspective changes over the years.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Bodhi, it looks like you've been working your way through the classics. There are a few I re-read every 10 years or so. It's interesting to see how my perspective changes over the years.
I am. I'm going back to some books I haven't read since high school. And you're definitely correct about getting a different perspective. I'll be going through Hemingway soon and then getting to a lot of "top 100 novels" that I should have read but haven't.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I recently read both of the Hemingway books that you read. I came away just not getting it.
I've always liked Hemingway's short stories better than his novels. However, having said that, the first part of "To Have and Have Not" is terrific.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I recently read both of the Hemingway books that you read. I came away just not getting it.
It took me a little while to get accustomed to Hemingway's writing style and the time periods of his stories. But, I've enjoyed his works - even going back to re-read chapters. His themes of man in the widerness, love, loss, and death are incredibly well done considering the economy of his writing. I'll be diving into his short story collection soon.

Last edited:

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
It took me a little while to get accustomed to Hemingway's writing style and the time periods of his stories. But, I've enjoyed his works - even going back to re-read chapters. His themes of man in the widerness, love, loss, and death are incredibly well done considering the economy of his writing. I'll be diving into his short story collection soon.
Check out the Nick Adams stories. "Big Two-Hearted River" will make you want to throw the camping and fishing gear in the back of the truck and head to the woods.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.