What are you reading right now (II)?

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Making another pass at "Under the Dome" by Stephen King. I started this book a while back and only got about 100 pgs into it before I got sidetracked.

One thing I've noticed that's surprising - there is no mention of the Internet, facebook, twitter, or any other social media. He talks about cell phones not working after the dome came down, but nothing about problems with texting or blogging or the other ways people communicate today. Apparently King isn't a big Internet user, but you'd think an editor somewhere in the publication process would've realized the omission.
I read this a couple of years ago and frankly was a bit disappointed. I think they delayed releasing the book because of the Simpsons movie which came out the year before. If you'll remember, Springfield was also covered by a dome but for different reasons. I may be wrong but who knows??

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Satan is Real by Charley Louvin. Biographical about the Louvin Brothers of Grand Ole Opry fame (1950s - 1960s mostly). Fun to read the stories about their coming up and meeting Johnny Cash, Elvis, Kris Kristofferson, etc

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
A Storm of Swords (book 3 of A Song of Ice and Fire) by George R. R. Martin. I am thoroughly enjoying this series of books thus far.

Season 2 of A Game of Thrones starts in less than a month! I'm soooo looking forward to it.

BamaAlum97

1st Team
Dec 13, 2002
Tulsa, OK
After reading Book 4 of Game of Thrones, I decided to read the Hunger Games trilogy. All very good books. I am looking forward to, but expect to be dissappointed in the movie.

Now, I am on to Book 5 of Game of Thrones.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
After reading Book 4 of Game of Thrones, I decided to read the Hunger Games trilogy. All very good books. I am looking forward to, but expect to be dissappointed in the movie.

Now, I am on to Book 5 of Game of Thrones.
Mockingjay, Suzanne Collins. Book 3 of the Hunger Games
Just read "The Hunger Games" from beginning to end on Thursday, and enjoyed every bit of it. There were a few things a thoughtful reader could see coming that the main character was apparently oblivious to, but since she is a teenage girl, this may be entirely realistic.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
Elmore Leonard - Raylan Givens 3-book Collection.

"Dutch" is one of my favorite authors and Raylan is one of his best characters. I'm also watching and enjoying the TV series based on Raylan's character - Justified.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Recently finished books 1 and 2 of the Hunger Games trilogy and am now on the third one, Mockingjay.

After that, it will be back to A Song of Ice and Fire, book 4, A Feast for Crows.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Still working my way through Forester's Horatio Hornblower series. I'm currently reading "Beat to Quarters". On a side note, my wife recently required that I no longer purchase physical books because I'm a bit of a book hoarder. My stash has been donated to the North Shelby Library, and I'm currently working through this series by checking out the books from the library. So far, I've maintained my sanity through this mental transition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.