What are you reading right now (II)?

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
Good reads. I imagined myself as Travis McGee one day. Good looking, sexy living on a boat with the occasional beautiful woman. Solve a mystery get big bucks.
Didn't quite turn out that way.
Me too. I always wanted to be Trav and take my retirement in installments.
Well, I am good looking and sexy. Maybe I should get me a houseboat on Smith Lake and solve mysteries. Like what is seebell doing with that giant rooster.
Gotta sell the wife on the beautiful women part...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
It took me a little while to get accustomed to Hemingway's writing style and the time periods of his stories. But, I've enjoyed his works - even going back to re-read chapters. His themes of man in the widerness, love, loss, and death are incredibly well done considering the economy of his writing. I'll be diving into his short story collection soon.
I got to the end of "The Sun Also Rises," and felt like I'd wasted my time. I did enjoy, "A Farewell to Arms."

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Check out the Nick Adams stories. "Big Two-Hearted River" will make you want to throw the camping and fishing gear in the back of the truck and head to the woods.
I'll look those up. Last summer, we took a family trip to Yellowstone and Grand Teton. My travel book was, "A River Runs Through It." It was a great one to be reading while actually in that country.

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
Well, I am good looking and sexy. Maybe I should get me a houseboat on Smith Lake and solve mysteries. Like what is seebell doing with that giant rooster.
Gotta sell the wife on the beautiful women part...
Let me know how that last part works out for you.:biggrin:

The good news is that, being on the 6th book, you're past Nightmare in Pink. It's all uphill from there. They really seemed to me to get better in progression with each book.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I just finished The Last Season by Eric Blehm. It is about the disappearance and search for a Yosemite NP backcountry ranger.

I just started Typee by Herman Melville.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.