Covered Dish Ideas?

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I'm from the south so you can never go wrong with a good Chicken casserole or homemade mac and cheese. I can eat either one of those cold. Whenever I have to take an app somewhere I have a buffalo chicken dip recipe that is good served hot or cold with celery and crackers (CHICKEN IN A BISKIT)

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I like to fry up a few slices of bacon then saute some onion (1 cup) in the grease. boil a bag of elbow macaroni, dump it in the pan. add 1/2 small brick of velveeta cheese that has been cubed or shredded. drain a can of diced tomato, add 1/4 stick of butter and 1/2 cup of milk, season with salt and pepper and cook over low heat stirring till the cheese is melted and combined. crumble up the bacon into the dish and you have a unique mac & cheese.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I like to use cheddar and gruyere in my mac and cheese. Something a little different....

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
You can't go wrong with Mac & Cheese, potato salad, or even a hashbrown casserole!! My sister makes an easy chicken spaghetti casserole that everyone loves.

Chicken Spaghetti

1 chicken, boiled, deboned , cut up
2 T. Onion Flakes
1 cup celery, cooked in ½ stick butter
1 can cream mushroom soup
1 pkg. Spaghetti
1 cup grated cheese

Boil chicken and remove from broth. Add spaghetti to chicken broth and cook until done. Add other ingredients to spaghetti -- don’t pour off broth. Mix well. Pour in greased casserole dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and cook at 325-350degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I like to use cheddar and gruyere in my mac and cheese. Something a little different....
Yep my mac & cheese is usually what I find on hand. I try to keep cheddar, colby, mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan, blue and some kind of swiss in the pantry. I buy all in block form and do my own slicing, grating and shredding. Right now I am out of colby, provolone, blue and swiss but do have cheddar, parmesan, munster and camembert. We are due a trip to town for some grocery shopping and a visit to the cheese store where they also have delicious sausages, cold cuts and specialty items.

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Kristi here is one from Paula Deen that we use.

Corn Casserole
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Kristi here is one from Paula Deen that we use.

Corn Casserole
1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (14 3/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (recommended: Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, and melted butter. Pour into a greased casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and top with Cheddar. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.
That's a good one I have made several times and yes the jiffy cornbread mix is best for this. The dish is also called Corn Pudding, it's kind of like cornbread just little different.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.